Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 192


It was very cold this morning. I went outside quickly to give the re-potted tree some water in the hopes that it survives the transplant (wow look at me, being all 'gardener'!) and while I was out there I tried to take some photos to show the frost on the rose bush leaves...I think they look beautiful with their little ice drops...



------------------

I finally got around to getting my hair done today... about time! My re-growth was out of control! 

------------------

Want to make a yummy easy meal?? Throw into a slow cooker (or you can put into casserole dish and cook in oven for about 1 hour):

400g can of Borlotti Beans
400g can of Cannellini Beans  (any kinds of beans will do really, I just happened to use these two)
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
4 shallots, halved
700g bottle of tomato pasta sauce
2 carrots, chopped
2 zucchini, chopped
200g mushrooms, halved
1.5 cups of vegetable stock
1 teaspoon dried thyme

The beauty of this, is that you can add in whatever veggies you like (and add potatoes if you need some extra carbs), or you can serve it with rice or bread...for such simple ingredients it tastes delicious! I had a second helping last night at dinner, and more for some lunch today... it's a keeper!

Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Val said...

Looking beautiful...as always!! Think I will have to print off all these recipes...otherwise I'll be scrolling through to find them...keep them coming!!!!xxx

Claire said...

You look gorgeous! So does your hair :-D very impressed on you popping out in the freezing temps to tend to the tree!!!

Aaron and Izzie said...

Yes love the hair! And great new recipe, will try it this week! How cold will it get in Perth?