Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 226 Flowers, Food & Travel


I can't believe it. I planted this tree.... and it is not only still alive but it is now FLOWERING! This is unheard of in my little world of gardening! I got the nicest surprise when I ventured into the garden yesterday after arriving home, to see my lovely Magnolia tree doing very well and looking so pretty.


---------------------

I have a secret.... a BIG FUN secret..... that I just can't hold in ...... guess where Lewy and I are going next year??

Can you guess??!
.
.
.
.
.
for 2.5 weeks....
.
.
.
.
.
while my parents so kindly look after our boys...
.
.
.
.
.
so we can go on a trip that is a dream come true ..
.
.
.
.
.
.
we are going to.....

AMERICA!!!


If you had asked me only a few weeks ago if this would be a possibility any time soon, I would have sadly said No. But after getting an email from my dear American friend Izzie... that started the ball rolling with the thought of us seeing each other again (it's been over 10 years!) .. one thing led to another and it was decided the opportunity was too fantastic to pass up - a trip to visit Izzie and her family and also do some sight seeing while we are there! YAY!

So.... at this stage we are planning on visiting Las Vegas (Lewy's idea), New York (my idea)  and New Orleans (our idea). These plans may change as we continue our planning and research... and our SAVING! Big year of saving ahead of us.. but oh so so so worth it!

So stay tuned! I'm sure I'll be updating you (boring you) often with our plans as we go!

---------------------

Being Vegetarian......So I thought it was about time I updated you on my journey with being vegetarian. When I first decided to take the plunge it was because I always felt better eating vege food and it seemed to suit my body so much more than eating meat. Still, I didn't give up seafood as I was too big a fan. At that stage, I figured I would still eat meat if going to someone's house for dinner etc, or if there was no other option... so that was where I left off. 

A while ago, things changed... I found myself taking much more notice of animal preparation for food and to my surprise, I realised I had moved from not wanting to eat meat because of how my body felt.. to not wanting to eat meat because of the animal involved. It didn't take long before I started feeling about seafood the same way I felt about other meat.. so seafood was also crossed off the 'can eat' list as well. I'm more surprised about this than anyone! 

It's been a really interesting journey and I'm forever changed with my eating habits. So expect lots more vegetarian recipes!

---------------------

Happy Monday! xxxx



2 comments:

Aaron and Izzie said...

WAHOOOOOO! We are so so excited too! Can not wait to see you guys!

Claire said...

A M E R I C A!!!!!! A dream come true, indeed - how thoroughly exciting, now that is what I call something to look forward to!!!!!

The magnolia tree is beautiful, by the way!