Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 239 Oh this weather!

How excited am I about this beautiful sunny weather?!

Just makes me feel so ALIVE! Sun shining, side door wide open, beer in hand...

Ready to make us a yummy lunch.

Bean Tortillas 

I used this recipe from a great new website I found... http://www.savvyvegetarian.com/vegetarian-recipes/black-bean-quesadilla-recipe.php (this recipe is targeted for kids, but great for us all!)

Instead of the black beans (which I couldn't find at IGA), I used 4 bean mix and just in case, like me before I used Google, you didn't know what Cilantro was - it's coriander, so for this dish I used dried coriander leaves.


1. Mash the beans

2. Stir in the salsa, coriander & tomatoes...


3. Place some mixture onto half of a tortilla and top with cheese and baby spinach. Fold over and put into toaster/griller/frypan, whatever you like just to brown and melt the tortilla.

Delicious! A tasty lunch time treat!



Then go outside and enjoy the same beer that you were drinking while making lunch (that's how long it takes me to finish one beer...)


Sunny weather = babies in nappies...




Does anyone know where I can buy Black Beans (or Pinto, Great Northern beans)?  I've tried Coles, Woolies, IGA.. no luck). Help!

--------------------

Guys... seriously, I need to lose weight. Big time. Advice, motivation, tips ALL WELCOME! PLEASE! 

xx

4 comments:

Claire said...

WOW... how warm did it get??! Looks amazing!!

Hmmm whenever I've needed/wanted to lose weight, I've always done Weight Watchers. Keeping the food diary (or "tracking") and "counting points" always works for me... I think it's easier to stick to because it's eating "normal food" rather than specially prepared diet food. And still allows for treats (sweets, alcohol etc).

izzie said...

Love it! The weather , yummy lunch, cute kiddies ready for summer! And the cold beer, can't wait to have one with you!

Jot said...

I've just completed a 12 Week Makeover on Facebook, run by another wonderful Tracey (!) of www.livelightlynow.com. She introduced me to the Slow Carb diet - lots of protein and beans, lots of vegies, no other carbs and one binge day a week to keep your metabolism going. I've lost over 13kg and feeling great! I'm surprised how much better I feel without carbs too.

Tracey said...

Wow Jo that is such a great effort well done! Thanks for the link, will check it out! x