Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 245 Reflection


On reflection over the few days, in all its chaos and then re-organisation, I remembered some things that made me smile. Such simple things but I chose to spend time smiling and remembering them last night while the stress I felt before faded away.

1. Sam got a plastic container out of the cupboard, put some rice in it and made a shaker. The thing that made me smile, was that he then got 2 more containers out and made shakers for Jacob and I so that we didn't miss out on the shaking fun. Clever, creative and considerate boy!

2. While having a cuddle with Jacob, both of us sitting on the rug in the lounge room, Sam came to sit with us and Jacob moved off my lap so he could sit on Sam's lap. Precious or what?!

3. Jacob was crying and Sam went up to him and patted him on the back gently and said "It's alright Jacob, don't cry".... bless! 


4. While driving to the shops yesterday, I looked in the back to see my boys holding hands :)

-----------------

I took this picture last night as I was updating my blog.... it's much nicer looking over into the kitchen now with the lovely pink and blues shining back at me :) 


-----------------

For such a small piece of yard that is full of weeds... I can't believe how much joy it brings us. Today me and my boys sat in the grass/weeds, for ages. Just looking at all the little leaves and flowers, enjoying the sunshine, enjoying hugs and the peace and quiet together. It was so nice. 


Bali pedicure still going strong! 




 -----------------

Out of the blue, I crave cherry tomatoes. Like, I'm just obsessed with them right now! I woke up and the first thing on my mind was buying some more cherry goodness to add to my lunch... 


They are seriously tasty right?!


I enjoyed every mouthful of this basil pesto (ohhh drool), cherry tomato, mushroom, goats cheese and basil leaves roll (you can never have too much basil..never), and it was doubly good because I toasted it...



 -----------------

It was pretty warm today ... (winter? hello?)... so I made some ice-cream cones for the boys. I think they enjoyed them :)



This is all normal... I think Sam needs to get bigger headphones though, these are way too small. 
 -----------------

Happy days! xxx

1 comments:

Claire said...

Love this post!!! Your boys are just gorgeous, sooo precious!! Also, your toes look like they were painted yesterday!!