Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 248 Random Stuff

I love my husband, he knows me so well. I snuggled up in bed to watch some TV last night, feeling a little bit fragile in my 'out-of-sorts' state.. and in comes my soul mate, gives me the pep talk that I needed, said all the right things and managed to pull me up and walk me through the tunnel to the light at the end. Love him. 


My boys are at daycare, the house is clean, I did some work and am up to date, I have a coffee, 7th Heaven is on the TV (yes, it's my dirty little secret... I admit it, I love the show.. please don't judge me :), I have the day ahead of me.... oh how I needed this! 

-----------------

On Sunday I started, and finished, a book. 

Not usually the kind of book I gravitate towards, but Lewy had read it and said I would enjoy it. And boy did I enjoy it. I'm a big fan of true stories, and stories that I can learn from and take away some kind of lesson or insight from. Under and Alone is a story about an Undercover Agent who infiltrated America's most violent outlaw Motorcycle Gang The Mongols. William Queen spent 2 years undercover and the turmoil and challenges he went through and the life he had to pretend to live is unreal and his strength inspiring. He was responsible for bringing 54 of the members to justice for many crimes. It's not a happy, bright book that's for sure, but it is an insight into how others live and the battle between 'good' and 'evil'. I highly recommend it. 

-----------------

Let's go online shopping together at Ikea... some random things on my 'to buy at some stage' list :)

Some beautiful prints...


I love, love, love this frame! When I finally buy it, I plan on spray painting it either blue or green.... and finding something cool to put inside. You can buy this as a mirror also.

Some pots and fake plants... at least I know I can take care of these :)




I'll be back later as I want to share the recipe for a very cool Chickpea and Pumpkin Casserole that I'm making for dinner :) Have a beautiful peaceful day.... xxx

0 comments: