Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 246 & 247 The Park


Am I going through a mid mid-life crisis?! Let's face it, this year hasn't been fantastic. I'm in a total rut, I'm completely out-of-sorts, I'm all over the place! Somehow though.... I think this year is a massive learning curve for me. I'm out of control... and you all know how much I hate being out of control. But really, how much control do we actually have? Not much when you think about. Maybe that's the exact lesson I need to learn. Maybe I need to let go and chill out.


So today, being at home, me feeling overwhelmed again (looks like tidying my kitchen shelves and the boys play area didn't solve all my problems... funny that!). I took a few deep breaths and changed direction - straight to the park to chill out in the sun with my boys and get a little perspective.


It was a lovely few hours. Sunshine, throwing the ball, play ground, lunch, photos, cuddles...


Okay..so I can't control everything, probably nothing, but I'm still alive... hmmmm interesting.
Seeing my boys running around chasing the ball FAR outweighs staying home stressing about nothing in particular. And so what if my tax takes a bit longer to do, and I can't seem to get through my to do list, and I still need to lose weight and things are getting on top of me  ... not the end of the world.  It's not nice, that's for sure... but not the end of the world. (This is a pep talk for me... I'm sure you guys already know all this and are thinking 'well duh!. :)


So I'm going to change direction... Instead of sticking on the road of 'I'm in a rut, I need to lose weight, I'm stressed, being a stay at home mum is very hard (for me!), etc etc'

I'm going to turn Right at the next road of 'This a new beginning, I'll get my weight under control when I'm in the right space, it's not the end of the world and let's focus on the positives instead of the negatives'.


I came home from the park feeling refreshed and more myself. I'm so easy to please... give me fresh air, nature and time out to watch my boys run free and enjoy themselves.. and I'm happy.


Yes... this concerned me too!





-------------------

Now, onto the good stuff. 

Check this out. I can just read Sam's mind in this picture.. "Hmmm, Mum is at the bottom of the slide, Jacob is alone... I'm gonna push him"


Poor Jacob - fear on his face.. Sam - mischief and happiness.


Sam "Weeee! I did it! Off you go Jacob!"


Don't worry, I already knew that Jacob could handle the slide :) And by the time he got to the end he was laughing and laughing :) As was Sam of course.


-------------------

Now it might be just me.. but I think this is a pretty good drawing for a 3 year old! Sam drew himself and Jacob :)

I showed him these photos once I had downloaded them... he said "I forgot to put arms on!", then ran outside to add some arms. Love it!
-----------------

That's it for now.. tomorrow I've got to share with you about a book I just finished and some of my favourite things :) Goodnight my friends xxx

1 comments: