Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 229 Thai Food

Take Jacob to 12 month check up with Child Health Nurse - check
Food shopping - check
Friend over with her 8 week old baby for catch up - check
Sam throwing plastic lawn mower on Jacob's head - check
Time out for Sam - check
Cleaning, washing, tidying - check
Out to dinner with friend - check
A lovely day yesterday filled with typical 'stay at home mum' fun :) - check


------------------

I love going out with friends for dinner ... it's a perfect way to end a day especially as staying at home, doing the same routine 7 days a week can get a little ...... boring.... to say the least. And also it's a treat to be able to talk and really catch up without little interruptions.

I think Lewy secretly enjoys it too because 1. He gets to eat meat for dinner and 2. He can watch whatever he wants on TV.

So last night, Lisa and I headed to the King & I Thai restaurant in Guildford. LOVE it. It was my first time there and it definitely won't be my last.

Delicious food, good sized servings (like really big, we couldn't quite finish our meal... although strangely we found room to fit in dessert... funny that!), lovely warm and comfortable restaurant with lovely decor.

Armed with my trusty phone, I was able to snap a few 'bad quality' photos of our night.




Beautiful Lisa :)

My entree: Tofu Todd... yes Lisa and I did have a bit of a giggle about the name. Deep fried tofu with a peanut sauce - YUM YUM YUM!

Lisa's Main - Roasted Duck over crispy noodle, topped with plum sauce and sesame.
My Main - Mixed vegetables stir-fried with oyster sauce.

We shared some ice-cream with chocolate topping and ended with a tasty Cappuccino.

A great night overall!

--------------------

Will be back later with today's post -I'm excited about this one as tonight I'm cooking up what is hoping to be a very delicious meal for dinner .... so if it is a success I'll share the recipe :) Stay tuned! x

2 comments:

Claire said...

YUM Thai!! Haven't had Thai in ages... we used to get it often in Perth and have had it twice I think, since we moved here! Glad you had a lovely night!

Anonymous said...

Had such a great night that night!!! Must do it again soon. :) xxx