Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 243 Children & Cleaning

Serious Question for you.... When you have children, what's the point of cleaning? I mean really? You clean (which takes about 5 hours)... then they mess (which takes them about 2 seconds).

This morning I was doing my usual cleaning routine and Sam and Jacob decided the vacuum cleaner was not cleaning equipment but actually a ride on toy. Both of them. Sitting on top of the vacuum cleaner while I'm trying to pull it around. And then of course one them would sit on the on/off button or the plug would come out from the wall. In 20 years I might look back on that and think oh how cute it was. But this morning? Not so cute, annoying actually. I would prefer not to have to spend about 2 hours trying to get the vacuuming done. I pulled them off the vacuum about 1000 times, and each time they fell about laughing. Sigh

Secondly, I had about 5 little areas on the new wall that I needed to patch up that I missed the other day... so silly me, thought I'll quickly put the plaster on this morning so it can dry in time for me to sand tomorrow, then I can buy the paint etc etc Why Tracey? Why do you do it to yourself? The boys thought this was even MORE fun than the vacuuming. 30 minutes later, wall patched, me and the boys in the kitchen with the wet wipes trying to get the plaster off their hands and feet, me losing my patience by the second.

I have to mop, I have to do some washing, I have to clean our bedroom after Sam and Jacob thought it would be fun to go through (and disperse all over the bedroom) my scarves and spare clothes that had been packed away so neatly, I have to do my tax, I have to do some work (well lots of work actually, it's building up), I have to prep tonight's dinner... but you know what I'm gonna do?

Make a coffee and sit outside in the sunshine and breathe! 


Be back later with more! Have a great day you guys! xxx

2 comments:

Aaron and Izzie said...

Oh wow, I can absolutely picture that scene!!! GREAT plan of taking a breather outside, regroup, and give it another go!! Your boys sound terribly fun, and silly. What a great pair...

Claire said...

In a word.... YIKES!!!! I think the coffee and breathing was a very wise choice!!!!!!!!