Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 232 Friends & Food

So you know how I said we were going out with friends last night for dinner, wine, lots of talking and laughs? Well we did all of that times about 100 (but just add in a large amount of beer that the boys managed to down!).... a brilliant night!  


The lovely couple - Sonny & Val

Padburys in Guildford

My Entree: The Cheese Wedge

Tasmanian crumbed brie cheese served with aioli mayo and crispy potato...... DROOL! 


Vegetarian Penne-  d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s!



Top night, beautiful food, great company and some tasty wine.... love! 

----------------------------


Quite the sociable weekend for us. We had our friends Kirsty, Craig and their daughter Emily come over for lunch. Not warm enough for a BBQ, so I opted for making our own beef patties and mushroom burger patties. 


MUSHROOM BURGER


I found this recipe http://americanfood.about.com/od/vegetarian/r/Mushroom_Burger.htm and man oh man.... so so so good. You MUST try this! 


You will need:
Olive oil
700g mushrooms (I used a mixture of Portobello & Field mushies)
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
3 garlic cloves
2/3 cup of rolled oats
1/3 cup grated parmesan
3/4 cup bread crumbs
2 eaten, beaten
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper




In frypan, saute the mushrooms, onions & garlic over medium heat for about 10 minutes (or until liquid boils off)


Add to bowl - Mushroom mix, parmesan, breadcrumbs, eggs, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper and mix well.


Sit for 15 minutes (the mixture - not you, unless you need a little break :)


Shape into patties (makes 6)

Heat 2 tablespoon oil in frypan over medium heat. Fry patties, cooking each side for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.


Take a big massive bite and let your taste buds do a little dance......mouth watering delicious!


Sam, Jacob & Emily = 3 Musketeers


-------------------

I made up some Beef Burgers for the men/boys... I wasn't going to post up the recipe, but after they got a big tick of approval, I thought I better share! - http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/10595/basic+beef+burger 

Tears in my eyes..... grating onions for the beef burgers....

-------------------

This dip... heaven on a cracker. Can't get enough it. I'm going to try and recreate it - let's see how I go! 




-------------------

I am tired...a busy weekend, great memories made, great food... but now my tired body needs to recover! Night all... till tomorrow! x

2 comments:

Aaron and Izzie said...

Mushroom burgers are definitely on the menu for this week, they look great! Sounds like a fun weekend!!

Claire said...

Sounds like a very busy, very fun filled weekend!!