Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 233 Photography


I don't bounce back so quickly these days! Still lagging behind after our wonderfully busy weekend.... thankfully my parents are here for a few days so I have some extra hands to help out with the kiddies :)


So Mum asked me if I wouldn't mind taking Dad out somewhere nice to get him used to his new camera, a beautiful new Nikon, while she stayed home and looked after my boys.

It took me about 1 second to scream YES!!! grab my camera and head for the door. Well not really, I had to wait until the next morning, but what a treat to not only have some time away, but to spend the time talking photography!


A very cool father/daughter outing to a nice park where Dad could practice with his camera settings, and I of course was in my element snapping away too.








Hi Dad!

------------------

I think I ate too much dinner.... I couldn't stop shovelling it in. My fork had a mind of it's own I swear!

So I'm feeling a tiny bit proud of my efforts tonight. I made a pasta for us and my parents, threw some ingredients in, hoping it would all come together nicely... and WOW ... YES IT DID DELIVER!


Way too easy:
600mls cream
450g of semi sundried tomatoes
1 jar of Basil Pesto (a whole jar! seriously... this is too good)
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
Pine Nuts or Seed Mix
Grated Parmesan
A stack of pasta

(This served 4 adults, 2 kiddies with more left over for Lewy's lunch tomorrow... so you can half the ingredients if you don't need as much)

Toasted some of these beauties to mix through the pasta, ohhh thank you natural seed mix with pine nuts, nice crunchy flavoursome bursts every time I took a mouthful of pasta.

It's as easy as cooking the pasta, frying up the onion and garlic until soft, adding in the sun-dried tomatoes, basil pesto and cream... heating through until the sauce thickens a tiny bit. Drain pasta, add sauce mixture, seed mix and top with parmesan cheese and some cracked pepper..... come on guys, you must make this!


Next time I'll add mushrooms but it was pretty darn good for a knock up pasta first time around! 

------------------

Happy Monday xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Tracey and I (dad) had a wonderful hour comparing pictures today.
She taught her daddy some very interesting tricks on the camera.
Like - take the lens cover OFF.

Thanks Tracey
love daddy

Claire said...

Awwww how sweet! So glad you had great Dad & Daughter time ;-)

I think even I could make that pasta...