Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 236


It was fantastic to see Dad this morning. Sam was especially pleased to see his Pop, to make sure he was okay. I had explained to Sam that Pop was in the hospital and the doctors were going to fix his back, he said "Will the doctors put a band aid on his back to make it better?". Love it :) Sam asked Dad what pretty much every single thing was in his hospital room and all the cords around the bed etc such a curious little guy. Jacob stood there laughing and giggling at the whole thing. Ha!


Dad is doing amazingly well. Although still in a lot of pain, which is to be expected, he is looking well and has already been up taking a few steps. The surgeon said the operation all went very smoothly and they accomplished everything they had hoped. He has started Physio, and we are all very hopeful that his new and improved back will mean a huge change in quality of life and the pain he has had for many years will finally be almost gone. It's wonderful news!


After a visit with Dad, Mum and I took the boys across the road to the park. It's a beautiful spot, with a nice view of the city.


Poor Jacob now has a black eye after an unfortunate collision on the slide.








------------------

The kitchen bench becomes my temporary 'work space' on days where my work load is particularly busy (like today - although I always manage to find time to update the blog!). It's much nicer sitting up at the bench looking out at the yard, but more importantly it means I can keep an eye on my cheeky monkeys. Thank goodness for that... as I working away, I look up to see my youngest climbing monkey up on the table! 


Cute..but very dangerous young man!


Happy Thursday! (Thursday! Where has the week gone??!) xxx


Tell me - what has been the best part of your week so far? 
The best part of my week so far has been Dad's successful surgery :) 

2 comments:

Aaron and Izzie said...

What a cutie pie! Love that last picture of Jacob. So glad your dad continues to do well, keep us posted! Looks like beautiful weather there!

Claire said...

Great news on your Dad's recovery hun. Gorgeous photos from the park... and your little mountain goat!!