Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 52

Today was just what I needed. If I had my way this morning, in desperation to feel well again, I would have crawled back into bed and slept all day.. but obviously with 2 young children that is impossible!

Instead, I decided I had to drag myself up and get dressed to take the boys out somewhere, anywhere just so they knew there was actually still an outside world :) As I was trying to decide what to do, that would require little energy from me, I got a message from my friend Belinda to say she and her 2 boys were heading to the pool. Perfect! Within 20 mins we were at the pool to meet them. It was so good to first of all just be around people, and secondly, to be in lovely cool water, just relaxing and paddling around.

Sam had a ball with his little friends, and Jacob was as content and happy as ever to be in the water splashing around. We stayed in the pool for ages and then took the boys to McDonalds for lunch as a treat. A guy sitting at the table next to us, thought all 4 kiddies were mine and said to me "Don't you own a TV?". Ha!

Would you believe, I didn't take one photo while we were out. I was enjoying the relaxation so much I didn't think to pull the camera out. I feel refreshed in more ways that one after this mornings outing.

In other news, our water has been off all day. I had received another scheduled maintenance notice last week and put it on my fridge so I would remember to store some water before they turned it off. Unfortunately, I didn't remember until I went to do the dishes this morning! To top it off, Sam had some fun playing with my conditioner and seen as the water is not back on yet, he has enjoyed wandering around with lovely smooth and moisturised skin!

Happy Birthday to my wonderful Dad, who is 55 today! I keep reminding him to read my blog and he keeps forgetting.... it's become a bit of a joke between us now :)

Lewy called me early this afternoon and said he was sitting on the verandah at the Toodyay pub having a beer with his apprentice. They had left early this morning to go to a school near New Norcia to work, and at lunch time the job had to be put on hold, so his boss said they could enjoy a slow ride home and make the most of it. I was glad to hear Lewy was able to have some time out, he has been doing a fantastic job of looking after us all and picking up the slack around the home while I've been unwell. He well and truly deserves the break:)

So finally, the photo of the day.... did you notice my blog is turning into a 'Daily Diary filled with too many photos' rather than simply one photo a day??! I like it, since my 'Time to Reassess' post the other day, I like spending more time just 'being' rather than 'doing' all the time. So it's nice to be able to take time out and casually jot down my daily thoughts and events in this blog :) Thanks for sticking by, even if I do write too much!!!

Right - this time I mean it, I will now put up my photo of the day! I like this one because of Sam's smile. I got told today that I look unwell.... it's true, I do, so just focus on Sam's lovely bright eyes and smile instead of my tired, unwell looking face!!

3 comments:

Pam said...

I love that colour top on you. You look beautiful as always.

Valerie said...

I agree with Pam! That colours suits you and you always look great!! Sam looks like he is having fun in this pic!!

Claire said...

That's your tired, unwell looking face??!! Jealous!!!