Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 60

I'm all about 'simplifying' at the moment. If I had my way, I'd pack up, sell the house and move our family to a remote and quiet place in the world and live off the land... but hey, that's not likely to happen! So the next best thing, is to make my world here as simple and uncluttered as possible.

The kitchen was on my target list this morning...I took every single thing out of every cupboard in the kitchen, cleaned them out and re-packed. It was a big job.... this photo was taken half way through. I threw out 3 large garbage bags full of 'stuff' that I obviously didn't need or use, but was cluttering up my cupboards anyway!
























All done! Shame you can't see inside my cupboards... they are spotless and tidy! 

Sam was a big help with the kitchen... so his reward was an ice-cream (and I rewarded myself too.. :) Again, Sam with no clothes on... you can do anything and everything in the nude apparently! 




















After a productive morning, once Jacob had woken from his nap.. we all went into his room and played. Okay... I will admit I was tired, so all I did was lay on the floor while the boys played around me :) 

It did give me a chance to look under Jacob's cot and I found a heap of toys that had gone missing... mystery solved! 

Jacob is doing really well starting solids, so far he seems to like anything and everything I offer him... he really is such a dream! Notice the little tear .. this tear was caused by hunger, and me not getting the food to him quick enough! 

And finally - a new book. Purchased from Red Dot of all places, for $5! So far, so good! I couldn't bear to force my way through the other book I was reading. This one is about a husband in England, who in 1903 goes on an expedition to the Amazon, but when he returns he is sick, mute and 'changed', the story unfolds as the wife tries to work out what happened while he was away. Will let you know what I think of the book when I'm finished!























Happy Wednesday everyone!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Bless Jacob's little tear...poor lil thing!! Great news about cleaning the cupboards and finding Jacob's toys under the bed!!
ps...we have the same cooking oil! hee hee xxx

Pam said...

Can I borrow that book after you? I love the pictures of Sam and Jacob. Not surprised Sam was a huge help, he is so helpful when he comes over.

Claire said...

How very productive of you!! There's nothing like a good clean out! Glad Jacob is loving solids - never doubted he would have an issue!! (Other than you getting them to him quick enough of course hehe!!)