Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 59

A morning of hanging around in PJ's and reading books...























A trip to the park before lunch... where I ran into someone I knew! Good surprise and nice to have a chat while Sam played with some new friends.

Sam spent the afternoon catching fish...























I adore, adore, adore the time I spend cuddling Jacob in his room, rocking on the chair. It's priceless quality time and I soak it in every time we get the opportunity.



Jacob loves the water.. I have another water baby on my hands :)
























In other news, I'm so sad for the people of Christchurch. There just seems to be one disaster after another at the moment. :( Lots of prayers for all those affected by the earthquake.

It occurred to me today, that lately my blog makes it look like I don't actually do anything productive apart from hanging out with my boys! It's a little bit true... life has certainly gone from crazy busy, to a sudden halt after being sick.. and I really really love it. I've gotten into the habit of only turning on my laptop at the end of the day, so work is limited to one specific time rather than ongoing throughout the day. Even when the boys are napping, I am more likely to pick up a book or a magazine rather than sit at the laptop... I like the change, the quieter and slower pace of life, enjoying the moment rather than busily working through a To Do List.

All is good :)

3 comments:

Valerie said...

What great pictures!! I just LOVE the picture of you and Jacob on the chair...your absolutely correct...priceless!! What a lovely day you had and how many fish did Sam catch?? xxx

Pam said...

I love Sams little hands in the fishing picture and Jacob in the shower. Such beautiful boys.

Claire said...

As usual, fantastic photos!! The one of you & Jacob in his room is just gorgeous. I'm so glad you're enjoying the slower pace of life at the moment! xx