Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 63

The fun starts early in our house...and I'd already been up for 45 minutes before I took this photo. Luckily I'm a morning person. I love getting up bright and early, making a coffee, sitting on the couch, cuddling my boys while we ask each other "did you have a good sleep? any nice dreams? did you dream of the fairies in the garden?".
























Sam had a special morning out with Nanna today. They started by going to the pools to cool down, then to an Indian food store in Balcatta and finishing off with a trip to the Galleria for lunch. Lucky boy!

Sam was dressed in his bathers for 3 hours before Nanna actually came to pick him up. He was beyond excited about his day out.


























As for my little Jacob... let's just say.. this boy loves his food. So much so, that when I was giving him his pear and banana cereal this morning, after awhile he grabbed the spoon and tried to feed himself. When he wants his food, he wants it NOW! And mummy obviously wasn't up to the task, so he took matters into his own hands. Love it :)


























With Jacob happily playing, Lewy on the PS, me in a toddler-free lounge room (which = me being able to watch whatever I want on TV that isn't Lazytown, Handy Manny or Grandpa in my Pocket), I decided to make the most of it... so yes, I will admit it ... I watched my taped shows - How I Met Your Mother, Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives all in a row......and finished off with some Packed to The Rafters  (Thank You Channel 7, I love you)









 We made parmesan and garlic bread... delicious!

And I was still a responsible mother... I supervised Jacob crawling around by looking under the couch while I was laying on the rug watching TV. 

I'm loving this simple life. My usual high expectations of myself have rapidly dropped to a more realistic level...which still involves a dose of OCD here and there.. but that's who I am and that's what keeps my house clean and dinner on the table every night.. so that needs to stay. But for everything else... ahhh it feels good to be so relaxed! 

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Fantastic pics once again!! Hope Sam is having a good day out with nanna! Love the pics of Jacob...how cute...wow he loves his tucker!! Glad to hear you are feeling VERY relaxed and enjoyed watching YOUR shows!! Isn't Packed to the Rafters great?? xox

Pam said...

I love the last photo - I wonder what adventure Jacob is about to have.

Claire said...

Great post!! Jacob feeding himself is WAY too cute!! How funny is Sam, dressed in his bathers THREE HOURS beforehand!! Hehehe!!

I love your taste in TV shows... Greys and Rafters are my top faves!