Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 58

At our local shops, it is becoming a social event whenever we go. There is a gorgeous Indian family that own the little gift shop across from Woolworths and they have adopted Sam as one of their own.  While I'm at the checkout with Jacob, the norm is for Sam to head over to the gift shop where he hangs out with the family, gets lollies and helps out. Today he helped stock the shelves, the other day he helped serve customers :)

There is a lovely lady who works at Woolworths and I always try to go through her checkout if I can... she makes my day, and I have been going through her checkout since Sam was a baby.

And today we met the lady who works at the bakery. We bonded over our recent purchases of a Quilt Cover.. from a little stall set up in the middle of the store. We showed each other our chosen pattern and asked each others opinions... which led to talking about our children, to food, to our families etc etc.
























By the time I left the shops, I felt like I'd just had a wonderful catch up with friends!

Back to the Quilt Covers... even though the RRP was $119.95, they were on sale for $20.. I'm under no illusion that they were actually that expensive, but all the same, the material feels like good quality and I like it:)

The boys like it too.....


























I also spent some time today doing this....


ready for Jacob's meals.

A good day today... a nice balance between house-wifey type duties and spending lots of time with my boys. Love days like these.

3 comments:

Pam said...

The boys look so cute on the bed, Sam is a lovely big brother.

Valerie said...

Gorgeous bedspread and the boys seem to approve!! Looks like a wonderful happy day out in the Rankin household!! Just gorgeous!! xox

Claire said...

Not hard to tell where Sam gets his "social butterfly" nature from is it?!! LOL!!

Nice quilt cover... the boys are so cute on your bed!