Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 165


I've been having trouble sleeping these past few nights... thoughts rushing around in my head, not bad thoughts... just my usual analytical musings about life in general. You would think with all of this constant thinking going on, I would be some kind of philosopher genius by now...ha! I wish!


Anyway, I downloaded onto the phone some relaxation music to see if that helps me to get to sleep. What I have found though is that it calms my mind just enough so that I can actually sort through the mess of thoughts and start processing them. So come night time, I'm laying in bed having all sorts of amazing revelations, those cool 'light bulb' moments where things all start to make sense. This however, does the opposite of helping me sleep - it gives me a natural high where I want to jump up, grab life with both hands and do amazing and wonderful things!



Come morning time... I slip back into my usual brain overload of emotion and thought and the battle begins again. When I tell Lewy some of the things I think about he will say "it must be exhausting to be in your mind!" .. how right he is!!


With all that said though, I'm actually feeling quite revived today. During last nights musings, I was able to put an action plan together to reach some goals that I was so clearly focussed on awhile ago but unfortunately slipped by me after having a bout of depression... so I'm back and feeling good. I won't tell you my action plan - we all know what happens when I get so focussed and goal orientated - everything falls apart! This time my action plan is much more 'user friendly', kind and realistic ... I'll share it all when I actually reach the end :)


On another note... last night I was also thinking about how easy it is to fall into the trap of focussing on the things we feel we aren't doing well in parenting, all the things we think we need to improve... rather than stopping for a moment to think about the things we DO well. I am very guilty of analysing my failings and ignoring any of the good parts.. so I made myself come up with something that I think I do well as a mother to my boys. One thing I know I do well (and that Lewy does so well also) is pour out affection... there is no shortage of hugs, kisses, moments where we all do nothing but play with each others hair, hold hands, whisper many "I love you's" throughout the day.... there is a lot of warmth, love and affection in our little home and I'm glad I made myself spend some time thinking about that rather than wasting more time worrying about what I might be doing wrong... I need to make sure I remember to keep doing this!

So tell me, what is something you do really well??


-----------------------------

As I didn't take any photos today, I've used some photos from NN that I didn't put up before, and also some I have shown but just re-edited. (I wonder how long I can keep dragging out the NN photos?!!) It's my final week for the Photography Course... I have to get my act together for the last assignment. I don't think my teacher would appreciate even more photos taken from my backyard, so I may actually have to venture out somewhere to get some decent shots. 

Have a look at this gorgeous photo -

This photo was taken by my Dad while my parents were on holiday in England. He has always been interested in photography (I wonder where I get it from :) and as the photo is one of his favourites he wanted some feedback, so I emailed it to my teacher who gave a great critique of the shot. I'm like my Dad in a lot of ways... A LOT, so it's great to be able to share my photography passion with him as it's close to his heart as well. 

-----------------------------

Sweet dreams all ... (and safe travels to my lovely Val.. I will miss you, you are likely to come back to around 1000 emails or text messages from me.. have a great, well deserved, fantastic, relaxing break... love you :) 

xx

"So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today." 

3 comments:

Aaron and Izzie said...

Why is it so hard to think of something I do well?? I think Aaron and I try to make sure we have a lot of fun as a family, lots of playing outside and being together! Love the picture with the fence post.

Claire said...

I agree with Lewy - it must be exhausting to be in your mind!! I'm exhausted just reading that!! LOL!!

Hmmmm, what do I do really well??? That's not an easy question to answer! I'll have to think about that one...

Jot said...

Making sure our kids know they're loved is THE most important thing, the rest is just filler. You're an awesome mum and you're doing a great job. :)