Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 175 PART 2

Today has been fantastic... the whole day, apart from 20 minutes of it. After taking Sam to the shops this afternoon just for a quick trip to pick up a few things, it turned into me trying to ignore the stares of those people shaking their heads thinking "what a terrible mother" (I'm totally sure that's what they were thinking! ha!), while my 3 year old was crying his little heart out right in the middle of the shops... screaming ' I don't wanna go home!" ... this was after I let him know that due to him not listening to me and continuing to run around like a mad man and touching everything he could lay those little fingers on we were going home RIGHT NOW!... so yeah... that wasn't the best 20 minutes of my life!

Luckily, as I was still so relaxed from the morning, instead of yelling and getting angry.... I just picked him up, carried him to the car (this was harder than it sounds), got in, drove home, handed him to Lewy (possibly with a desperate look in my eyes!), walked back to the car and drove back to the shops by myself... all without saying a word!

So in the end, we survived the ordeal! And I was particularly happy that I had a dinner out to look forward to!

(The photo quality is terrible... sorry... the phone can only handle so much!)
Chesters is a great restaurant, we had such a wonderful night.... sitting at the 'best table in the house' apparently (and I believe it, we were toasty warm next to the fire... bliss!)







My EntrĂ©e - Sweet Potato and Pumpkin Bellini, with artichoke hearts, asparagus & cherry tomatoes... beautiful! 

Main - Wild mushrooms with garlic, spinach and cream sauce, in a filo pastry... my mouth is watering again just thinking about it! (Looks kinda simple, but the flavours were rich and delicious!)

We shared a cheese/cracker plate for dessert... 

 Feeling on a bit of a high from such a wonderful day!

-----------------

And quickly.. before I head to bed.. here is a quick, easy way to make a Vegetable & Chickpea Curry. I probably shouldn't add this to the blog as it's kinda cheating using a packet rather than making the curry sauce from scratch,  but I'm adding it anyway as this particular curry sauce has a gorgeous flavour and well, I took the photos so it's a waste not to put them up ha!. 

So... chop up whatever vegies you like.. I used onion, cauliflower, carrots and celery then added a can of chickpeas. 

Add a can of Light coconut milk, and a recipe base for whatever curry you like... this mild chicken curry is yummy, I've also used a mild Indian beef recipe base as well and that is just as good. 

When there is about 45mins - 1 hour left of slow cooking time, I added broccoli and zucchini (so that they don't get zapped of all those nutrients with such a long cooking time)....

  Done! So so so easy, healthy and yummy!

Goodnight all! It's back to reality now for me after such a wonderful day of being treated! xx

2 comments:

Val said...

Have been waiting for PART 2!!
Great photos...I was wondering what you ate!! It all looked very very yummy...especially the main!! And of course Lewy looked great in the picture!!! It all looked very warm and cozy near the fire place too!! Glad you had a great night....it sounded like you needed that after your little "grater" episode!!! hee hee....maybe too many gingerbread man...?? hee hee...

Claire said...

Oh wow, I had to giggle about the 20 minute shopping ordeal!!! Naughty boy Sam!! So glad you had a lovely dinner out, it looked gorgeous by the fire and very yummy food & wine! Now we're talking with a recipe that involves a can and a packet... I could do that one! Haha!