Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 173

Thursday was a full day, full but fun!... I sat down last night to update the blog but was so tired I decided bed was calling me instead :) 

So here I am, full of beans this morning ... ready to start our day. But first, a cup of coffee and a few minutes to get back up to date with my blog!


Sam had Kindy yesterday morning, so Jacob and I took a little wander around the park, to snap a few pictures of the beautiful trees.


Then we headed to the shops...
 I love this photo and it made me giggle. (Sorry bad quality I only had the iPhone!).. we stopped past our fav sushi place for a miso soup, and watched a row of men sitting down chatting while waiting for the women to do the shopping... one by one their ladies would come through the checkout with their shopping, pick up their man and head off... it was so cute!


Sorry Jacob for not putting matching socks on you this morning! 
------------------------------

Hello Batman!

Batman checks the mail....(thank you for the lovely B'Day card Claire!)
------------------------------

Later that afternoon, I took a trip to visit my friend who has just had a beautiful baby boy, Kaden. 
Cute huh!



As I left the hospital , I snapped a few photos on the good old phone... the lamp kinda looks like the sun... even at night I'm trying to take 'sun' photos!

The church across the road...


------------------------------

I know I said I was going to give the recipe for the Eggplant and Lentil Lasagne and I will still put that up later today... but I made this easy and YUM quiche yesterday so thought I'd share the recipe now.. 

SPINACH, FETA & PUMPKIN QUICHE

Shortcrust Pastry for the base (you can make your own base, but I figure why make life harder when shortcrust pastry taste great and is a lot quicker!)

Cut about 600g of pumpkin into cubes and roast at 200 for about 30mins ... this is the bottom layer of the quiche..  

Fry an onion until soft, then add about 150g of baby spinach to the fry pan until wilted... this is the next layer, put on top of pumpkin...

Crumble some feta over the onion and spinach... 

Then grate some cheese over the feta....

Then to finish... whisk together about 5 or 6 eggs with 2/3 cup or more of cream, 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, and salt and pepper..put mixture over the cheese 

Bake for around 40 mins at 180 .... all done! It is tasty, tasty, tasty! 

Enjoy! xxx

2 comments:

Aaron and Izzie said...

Oh those leaves are gorgeous! The quiche looks amazing, I am sooo excited for pumpkin to come back into season here!

Claire said...

Glad the card arrived! Sam (sorry, Batman) is looking so grown up! The quiche looks really good - you're so clever!