Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 180 continues!

Just when you thought you'd seen the last of me today! :)  I just had to share the rest of our day... 

While Sam was at Kindy... I decided that as we would be having lunch when he got home anyway.. why not go for a picnic outside, instead of sitting at the kitchen bench like always! When Jacob and I picked up Sam, he was so excited to hear we were going on an adventure! I decided on Sandalford Winery... how is it possible that I've never taken my boys here before?! It's a 5 minute drive from our house and it's gorgeous :)


One day I'd love to come back by myself to take some photos (maybe I'll wait for the grapes to grow back :) I was holding Jacob with one arm and taking these photos with the other.. so I didn't get a chance to play with the settings too much.

Our little family has moved into another phase... and I'm really loving it. Jacob, as he is almost 1 (where DID that year go?!), is now on cows milk rather than formula, can eat most things by himself and can stay awake and handle being up a little longer. This all brings me much happiness!



You know how some people love the newborn stage, some people love the toddler stage  etc etc? Well for me, and I remember it so clearly with Sam also, I feel like I can breathe a little easier when we hit the 1 year mark... when the formula is no longer needed, when food doesn't have to be especially prepared earlier for baby, when we don't have to rush home for nap time....
And we are THERE... and I'm breathing easier :) 



Our little family is complete... oh boy, it feels so good! SO GOOD! This is probably why this last week I have been feeling extra fantastic. When I pack away a baby thing that Jacob has grown out of, it doesn't bring sadness that I'll never do the baby thing again (quite the opposite actually!!!!) ... it makes me so excited for our future... and the adventures to come with our two beautiful boys :)


So yeah... I'm feeling great and making the absolute most of this high while it lasts... till I come crashing down again when the usual routine grates on me and the challenge of raising children rears its head again! Life is a roller-coaster they say and ohhhhh boy is that true!


So.. back to our picnic!!! We set up our picnic blanket in view of the pond.. the boys loved it and so did I :) The weather was gorgeous, no one around us and we sat and and munched on Vegemite sandwiches and fruit...


Laying on the grass.... we even rolled down the hill... that was fun! :) Tonight, while doing the dishes my arms were really itchy, then I realised it was from the grass! hehe love it.. I can't remember the last time I got a grass rash! 

While Sam was rolling down the hill ... Jacob was content to sit and eat the fruit. Whenever we moved to a new location, Sam would look around, while Jacob would go to the bag and get out the fruit! 



Words do not describe.... my precious precious boys...




Good times.... good times :) xxx

3 comments:

Aaron and Izzie said...

The photo of your boys walking by the water is darling! What a great place for a picnic!

Val said...

I agree....what gorgeous pictures and what fun it looked like......oh I say bring on the days where kiddies can handle being up longer....baby stage is cute but 1yrs old...bring it on!!!! xox

Claire said...

What absolutley STUNNING photos!! I love them all, and I agree, the one of the two boys walking away from you is just adroable! What a lovely post :-)