Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 171

Hello rain... you are lovely, especially because now I'm nice and cosy inside :)


Taking Sam to daycare...brrrrrr....


--------------------------

Recipe time!

Indian Bread (Chapatti)


Ingredients (makes about 6 pieces) 
4 cups of plain flour
2 cups water approx

Drop of oil
any Dried herbs that you want to add

Put the flour in a bowl, add in whatever herbs you like (rosemary is very nice)
Add the water gradually mixing it to a dough – make sure the dough is not moist. (Moisture makes it too sticky to handle).
Put the dough aside for half an hour to rest.
Roll the dough into balls the size of eggs.
Take one ball and flatten into a rough round circle with your hands – brush the centre lightly with oil making sure that the oil does not touch the edges (this part is very important) If oil touches the edges, you will not be able to stick them together.
Now fold this circle in half – then in half again making a quarter shape.
Press all the edges together.
Now roll out with a rolling pin into a circle, doesn’t have to be a perfect shape – don’t make them too thick (will taste like rubber if you do – too crispy if too thin).
Heat a frying pan until it is very hot.
Add one circle – cook until the side facing down starts to bubble and turn slightly brown.
Now brush the side facing up with oil 
Turn over the chapatti and cook this oiled side until it bubbles and browns – so basically one side only is coated with oil.
The cooking time should take about 4 minutes in total
Set them aside with a damp tea towel until ready to use.

It sounds like a lot of work but they are actually really quick and fun to make. Enjoy!  


--------------------------


I have successfully completed my Photography Course! I got a good result for my final photos .... it turns out this one was a big winner: 


Still getting some more feedback some for other photos that I submitted and waiting for the course to officially end after that, but overall I've enjoyed it so much and learnt SO MUCH!

--------------------------

I follow this blog of a Pastor and his wife, I was attracted to their blog for their honesty, humility and their strong faith.  Like all of us, they have made mistakes, gone down the wrong paths but their faith and hope in God to help them back to right path and to restore and heal them is so strong, I can't help but be moved and inspired by them. 

They are currently on a mission trip in Nairobi and I read this entry the other day and haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. http://refineus.org/2011/06/paying-rent/

It really hits home when you read things like this.. just how lucky we are, but how much we take for granted. This morning I couldn't find one of my slippers... and I thought 'oh well, I'll just buy another pair today". Like a tonne of bricks it hit me...how much I take money for granted, food, clothing, our comfortable home... and yet I worry about the tiniest things, stress over the smallest issues... to me they seem HUGE, but when I read stories like the one of Monica.. what on earth am I complaining about

So I decided, I'm not going to go and buy another pair of slippers... I'll darn well put socks on instead... and save that money to donate it to help where I can. My goal is to be more mindful of where I can save money to help others and make sure I thank God daily for my blessings and be appreciative of when my family and I eat our healthy full meals at night, and when we climb into our warms beds, and when I kiss my healthy children's cheeks. 

--------------------------

My heart is full of compassion today, I am taking time to be grateful for the life I have been blessed with... enjoy your Tuesday my lovely friends! x

3 comments:

Claire said...

Fantastic photos of the rain! So glad you enjoyed the course and did well!!

I read the blog post. Certainly does make you realise how good we've got it and how easy it is to take things for granted, doesn't it? Very humbling. Thank you for sharing!

izzie said...

I tried the curry and Indian bread tonight! Aaron said it was a fair attempt but that yours looked much better. He nicely said I had room for improvement. Ha. I admit yours did look fantastic, I'll have to give it another go! I enjoy your rain pictures the best I think, so peaceful.

Also, I really needed to call you in the store today when I was searching for the right curry paste. One of us needs to move within cell phone distance of the other!!

Tracey said...

Iz I'm glad you tried the recipe out! hehe Aaron makes me laugh :) And YES I agree, living closer would be a dream! Then we could join you and your family for all those fun weekends you guys have! xx