Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 179


When I woke up this morning, I knew straight away that I wanted to do something fun with my boys.... go on an adventure together, get out of the house and do something different. After a quick google search for some animal parks.. we decided on Cohunu Koala/Wildlife Park in Byford. Oh this place! SO MUCH FUN!


It's just a small park but the staff were so friendly, it was a really chilled out place, where you could just roam around with the animals and I felt like we could all just wander around and take our time.. love love love :)


It was especially perfect for Jacob, as I could just let him wander around wherever he wanted to go...he really loved it, he laughed so much and was totally mesmerised by the animals.


I got a beautiful glimpse of my boys special relationship today... as they are getting older, day by day, they are really enjoying being with each other... Sam has really taken on the 'big brother' role and it made my heart want to burst with love when Sam would encourage Jacob to look at the animals, make sure he was okay and look out for him.


You could buy a bag of popcorn at the front desk to feed all the animals with... I was so proud of Sam, he was so gentle and made sure he gave a few pieces of popcorn to every animal he passed.



I think the kangaroo and wallaby area was my absolute favourite. I loved watching my boys just wander around and pat and feed them... it was so refreshing seeing them interact with the animals and be in nature without restrictions, time limits or interruption.... (this did not help to dull my desire to move to the country!!!)..




"Come on Buddy, let's go!"

This made me laugh so hard.. just like he did with the animals, Sam put some popcorn on the ground for Jacob...(don't worry, I did intervene!)



There was an area with bikes etc for the kids, so we had a little play here.  The rocking chair wasn't working, so Sam told Jakey that he would have a look to try and fix it.. when he couldn't see how to fix it he jumped on the back so that he could rock it for him... precious!

Sam was a little unsure of this dude! Once he realised he wasn't real, they became the best of friends...



It was such a fantastic day! So enjoyable and peaceful... if you haven't been to this park before, it's definitely worth the trip!

To finish off a great day.. it's home made pizzas for tonight...yum, yum, yum :)

x

1 comments:

Aaron and Izzie said...

My kids would LOVE this place! How fun! Looks like your boys had a great day:)