Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 172

What a wonderful birthday! Jacob pulled at 8am wakeup this morning which is most unusual! So while he was still napping, I took the opportunity to start my birthday out by doing what I love best... wandering around the garden with my camera. 





I spent the morning with the lovely Val and her gorgeous kiddies... 

Val is one talented lady in the kitchen! She made us a beautiful lemon meringue for our morning tea as well as a platter for us to take home... spoilt!

 Cutie Quintin...

Sam was beyond excited when Val's husband Sonny came home early and took Sam out to sit on the excavator... what a treat for him! 

 I can read Sam's mind... "Hmmmm I wonder if I pull this leaver, and press this, what will happen... wanna go for a spin Shanika?!"



If Val hadn't spoilt me enough already lately, she gave me this gorgeous package. And LOOK!!!! LOOK! Do those cups look familiar?! My special mug that broke awhile ago? Val bought me some more :) You are a treasure Val :) 


Lewy bought me this gorgeous watch, what a special surprise - I love it!

Even though it's my birthday... I still unfortunately have to get my work done... so to make it a little more special I lit one of the candles Val gave me :)

Saturday the birthday celebrations continue... with an outing to a day spa with Val, and I found out tonight my wonderful husband has booked us a table at a gorgeous restaurant in the Swan Valley and arranged a baby sitter for Saturday night - I'm excited!

Thanks everyone for my lovely messages and thoughts! It was a very very happy birthday :)

P.S Tomorrow, I'll post up a great recipe for Eggplant and Lentil Lasagne.. it's become a favourite dish in our house.. watch this space!

3 comments:

Val said...

What a great birthday post and THANKS for plugging my names heaps!! Wow....you doing your work with the candle even looks romantic...and Lewy booking a restaurant...what a day on Saturday you have...you do have a busy little week!! So glad to see you today and hopefully I made your day special....love the pics with Sam....working hard and pressing all the joysticks...hee hee...xoxox

Aaron and Izzie said...

Happy Birthday Tracey! What a great day! Sounds like Saturday will be lots of fun!!

Claire said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful day! And more to come on the weekend - fantastic!!

As soon as I saw the mugs I thought *hang on???* I did recognise them straight away!! YAY! Well done Val!