Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 174 Jeans and other things...

So, I bought some jeans yesterday.... and it turns out that as a punishment for being 'short' they (I don't know who 'they' are but anyway ...) decide to add stupid bedazzlements (is that even a word?!) and patterns to the pockets. Of course, the 'regular' or 'long' people get to choose between normal jeans that don't make you look like you are a 13 year old trying to bling it up. I guess that's what I get for going to Target to buy jeans so I can spend the least amount possible! Ridiculous! Look at them! But I bought them anyway as they fit nicely, they do the job and they only cost me $25! :)

I apologise for the close up of my butt... I hope this hasn't scarred anyone for life!

I'm posting this photo for three reasons... 1. So you can have a look at my jeans, just in case the suspense was getting too much and 2. Because seriously.. how many times can I show my slippers on this blog! ha! I obviously found the other slipper.. for some reason (Sam & Jacob I'm looking at you two) it was in the front lounge room, that is all packed away at the moment due to the renovations, hidden under the chair and finally, 3. Because Ginge was in the picture and the poor thing doesn't get much blog time.. 

----------------------

EGGPLANT AND LENTIL LASAGNE 

Honestly, you MUST make this dish... it is d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s! Lewy loves this one ...

Ingredients: 
1 eggplant
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
400g can lentils
500g - 750g jar of pasta sauce (any kind will do, I've used a basil pasta sauce and vegetable pasta sauce.. both are good, also the main recipe says 500g jar but I've found more pasta sauce works better.. so try between 600 - 750g)
1/3 cup shredded basil leaves
Lasagne sheets
1 cup of grated cheese

White sauce: 
50g butter or marg
2 tbls plain flour
2 1/2 cups of milk
1 cup of grated cheese

How to do it...
1. Cut eggplant into thin slices, lightly brush with oil
2. Heat frying pan and cook eggplant on both sides until browned..put aside. 
3. Add more oil to the pan and add onion and garlic, stir until soft. Add lentils and pasta sauce, stir until hot, remove from heat and stir in basil.. put aside.  
4. To make white sauce, melt butter in saucepan.. take off the heat and add in the flour, mix to a paste, put back on low heat and add milk in slowly, stirring constantly. Once sauce is thickened, take off heat and stir in cheese. 
5. Time to put it together.. spread 1/3 of the tomato mixture over the base of a lasagne dish. Top with lasagne sheets, then top with 1/3 of the white sauce, and place 1/2 of the eggplant on top. Repeat layering with remaining tomato sauce, lasagne sheets, white sauce and eggplant, finishing with the white sauce. Sprinkle with grated cheese. 
6. Cook for 40 - 45 mins in preheated oven 200C. 

 Dig in!

----------------------

Afternoon cuddles...


What's wrong Jacob? Do you not like your new top??

 ----------------------

Had a great morning with a lovely friend... (welcome to the blog Lisa!!!) and we are getting excited for a trip to the movies tonight. 

Overall, a very lovely day....house work done, a healthy but yummy vegetable and chickpea curry cooking in the slow cooker right now (just in case you wondering, yes I'll be posting up the recipe tomorrow!), boys are happy, I am happy.... it's all good! 

Happy Friday all! xx

1 comments:

Claire said...

Hmmm well, I actually thing the bedazzlements look quite good! Bit of bling never hurt anyone?! So glad you found the other slipper... ha!