Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 175 PART 1

Oh, what a morning! 



Val and I were given day spa gift vouchers by our thoughtful husbands (for Christmas.. it's taken us this long to get organised!).. so this morning we headed off for our morning of pampering. 





As we were in Scarborough, we had to take a quick walk down to enjoy the view of the beach... and would you believe who we happened to be standing next to? The Port Adelaide footy team here in Perth, getting ready to play the Eagles tomorrow (Go Eagles!), their coach surprised them by telling them to strip down and get in the water.... poor guys, I actually felt sorry for them (sorta)... IT WAS FREEZING! 



So after Val and I had a good giggle at the scene... we made a mad dash to the day spa..running through the rain, we looked an absolute mess by the time we got inside! 

This place.... Vanilla Day Spa.... WOW... WOW.... WOW! I still feel like I'm walking on air .... The place was beautiful, we changed into our slippers and dressing gowns that they gave us, and sat in the special waiting area which was full of couches, beautiful flowers surrounding us, and a buffet bench with fruits, nuts, cakes, tea/coffee, water.. 

The treatment Val and I received...

I have never experienced such a fantastic treatment before... it was heaven! Unbelievably relaxing, at one stage I must have nodded off as I realised all of a sudden my facial had finished and my hands were getting massaged! Ohhhh pure bliss, the massage, the facial, the creams, the music, the warmth.... it was all so amazing.


1.5 hours later, Val and I met back in the special waiting room to enjoy some water and fruit .. and we were pleasantly surprised when out came 2 glasses of champagne, a Happy Birthday treat for us! 

We have already started planning our next trip! 

--------------------------

While I was off being pampered, Chef Sam was at home with Nanna making Gingerbread Men while Jacob slept... 

Such concentration..





Part 2 to come later! x

2 comments:

Aaron and Izzie said...

Wow oh wow that looks great, I'm glad you guys had fun!! I can almost smell the vanilla:)!!

Claire said...

Hey that photo looking down the stairs at the beach is very cool... Vanilla Day Spa looks AMAZING, and it sounded like heaven - bet you can't wait to go back!!!