Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 177

New life...

I really love Mondays... even though it's full of cleaning and washing etc, it's always got such a relaxed, fun feel to it, where me and my boys can potter around and get ready for the week ahead. 


The train! Sam put together his new toy train... he even sat on the chairs to have his breakfast and lunch, and got Jacob and I to join him on a train ride.. "to Bali"....Christmas Bear was the driver, he did well and got us to our destination safely. 

I know it looks like Sam is falling over the chair here, but he actually meant to do this! My little climbing monkey....

Innocent??!




My neighbour gave me a whole bag of lemons... any ideas what I can use them for?? (Something healthy preferably!!!)




Lovely Monday! xx

4 comments:

Claire said...

Gorgeous photos! I love the train hehe!

Lemons... lemonade? I asked Mark and he said usually sugar is involved, to take away the tartness of the lemons. Hence not very healthy! Lemon tart... lemon meringue? YUUUM!!

Val said...

Choo Choo train...how cute...can I join the fun on the train??
Lemons...squeeze either 1/2 or 1 lemon in a cup and add warm water, drink it first thing in the morning, great way to kick start your body...can be a bit on the tartness side, but you will get used to it...I love them....or when making a sauce:
1 TBS marg (melted), 1 TBS plain flour, melt and whisk on stove top, add chicken stock, 1/2 cup milk, crushed garlic and some lemon juice, a nice sauce for fish but I had it over our steamed greens tonight!! Lemon Meringue, Lemon Sponge Cake, Lemon slice, Date and Lemon cookies (in Simply books), maybe buy some seafood and use a bit for your fish etc, add it to your home-made salad dressings, Poppy seed cake, (use lemons instead of orange, also in simply book)....should I go on?? Lemons are great, can you tell, i usually pay $1 for them and buy 10 at once...maybe I should stop now........:-(0) xxx

Aaron and Izzie said...

Sam is so cute, Ilon calls being naked "snaky". Your room is coming along great! Can't wait to see it finished! How nice to have a handy man!

Tracey said...

Thanks for the ideas! I may just put them in a bag and bring them to your house Val! :) xx