Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 170

A great day at home with my boys, doing our (my) usual routine of cleaning and washing before the week ahead. 

Decided to make the boys some pikelets for morning tea.... I love cooking when Sam is around, I talk through how to make the dishes and it always holds his attention, he takes it so seriously and watches closely what I'm doing and is even very good at helping mix things for me..... I may have a little chef on my hands. He does have the apron and hat after all! 



I was determined to use up all our left over vegetables for our dinner tonight and come up with a meal using things from the cupboard rather than making an unnecessary trip to the shops. I chopped up pumpkin, potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and celery and added some mung beans, along with some red curry paste and milk (was supposed to use coconut milk but milk did the trick :). Mixed it all in the slow cooker, put in on low for the day and it turned out a treat! 



Also made some Indian bread (Chapatti) that my mother in law told me about... it went perfectly with the curry. Only flour, a tiny bit of olive oil, water and dried rosemary went into this bread... so easy and quick but very nice. 



Happy Monday and a good healthy way to start the week! x

3 comments:

Val said...

YUM YUM YUM....recipe PLS!!!! xxx

Aaron and Izzie said...

Yes I second, recipe please!

Claire said...

Yum!! I love Chapatti!!