Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 187

I'm a disgrace. See, I have been living in trackies for the last week which is acceptable seen as I've been nursing an unwell little guy, and not venturing outside - so it didn't matter that everyday I looked like I had just rolled out of bed. But today, while in the middle of cooking, I desperately needed butter to finish off a meal... and thanks to my relaxed, hermit state of mind, without thinking I went out in public dressed like a total dag, wearing 'just got out of bed' tracky pants... I didn't even brush my hair.... 

Time to get back into the real world huh? and start putting on proper attire when out in public. But let's look on the bright side - I'm not wearing my slippers! 

The boys look like they are cruising along at light speed... pretty cool.. but just the camera affect I'm afraid! Oh hey... I might not be wearing slippers.. but Sam is wears his Ug boots... sooooo we really dressed up for the trip as you can see :)


I decided a trip to the video store was in order... to help us get through one last day of being at home. Sam is all better now so he is off to daycare tomorrow to make up for his missed day on Tuesday... he is so excited to see some actual kids again!



----------------

So...broccoli. I'm a huge fan..  I decided to accompany tonight's dinner (which was a sweet potato/turnip/carrot gratin) with broccoli prepared a little differently. So, after some Googling for ideas... I made up a mixture of 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon of sugar (yes!), and 2 tablespoons of oil. Then I tossed broccoli with the mixture in a bowl, sprinkled some of the 'Alseason' that made an appearance on yesterdays post and then roasted it on high in the oven. The sugar mixture caramelises and wow! delicious! Nice for something different and to add a bit of BANG to the meal :) 


----------------

You might be looking at all this food I've been putting on the blog lately... and feeling a bit sorry for my boys and husband for all this vege food and lack of meat! Never fear! My little boys actually eat meat regularly during the week for their lunch and occasional dinner... and Lewy, even though I was more than happy to make meat dinners for him, he has opted to go the vege path for his dinners and he loves it! So everyone wins:) Although as a little surprise for Lewy this week, I'm cooking him up a Scotch Fillet, with a broccolini and chips side... he is going to be very happy :) 

----------------

That's all folks... sweet dreams! xxx

1 comments:

Claire said...

I go out in public dressed like a total dag, regularly!! Hehe!! That's a great way to spice up broccoli - otherwise it's always just a bit boring isn't it?!!