Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 315 Grab a cuppa, this is a long one!

I forgot to mention in yesterday's post about a wonderful little comment made by our local bottle shop guy (is it sad, that the bottle shop guy knows Lewy and I well.. and that he even remembers what we drink? Ummm I don't know if it's good customer service or if Lewy and I drink too much?! Let's stick with good customer service...okay :P).

Hillarys

Anyway, moving on, I visited the bottle shop yesterday to buy us a little celebratory drink after our hard work. I apologised to the shop guy for my awful appearance and almost fell over myself trying to justify why I looked so bad and told him all about the work we are doing around the house etc. Poor guy, I'm sure he was not at all interested in our garden. Guess what he said?! "You could wear a Hessian bag and still look good". Complete lies but boy did it make my day! The End.

------------

Read this Funny Post by The Bloggess Read it and then come back to my blog (please come back, I know I'm not as funny as this lady, but I do Giveaways so does that entice you to stay faithful? :P)


First of all, it's a good way to start the day. I laughed so hard and I'm totally putting her book on pre-order! Secondly, I all of a sudden realised why I'll never make it as a proper blogger. My life is just not that interesting! I don't have funny little stories or crazy cool things that happen to me on a daily basis.

My days usually consist of cleaning (there is nothing funny about that), looking after my boys (sometimes funny, mostly hard work, lots of love, cuddles, cleaning up after them and did I mention the hard work?), work (it would probably bore the pants off you guys if I started blogging about this), cooking (I already DO bore the pants off you guys by blogging about this), more cleaning (still not funny).... and that's seriously about it. Certainly no trips away to meet with my Publishers. *sigh*

------------



Okay guys, it's time to get serious. Really serious. I'm in need of a complete over-haul. Enough is enough and I'm focussed, motivated and ready to make some changes! Go me!

1. I need to lose weight. Not a crazy amount, my natural figure is curvy and I'm proud of them curves! Luckily my husband also prefers the curves, so phew! I just to need to lose some kilos because at the moment my natural curves are covered in padding. :P

2. In line with the above, I've decided to go 30 DAYS, yes you read that right. 30 DAYS without alcohol. I don't need those extra calories while I'm trying to do an over-haul. So alcohol, you're out of bounds for now.

I'm sharing this information because then it means I actually have to see these goals through otherwise I'll have to come back on here and admit if I stuffed up! And that would just be embarrassing.

Day One begins (oh yes, you'll be getting a day by day update.. I'm sorry :( ) - so far so good. Although it is only 7.57am so I haven't really had time to mess anything up yet. ha! ;))

Time to save this post and come back later when I've actually done something with my day.

------------

I'm back and yes, I succeeded in doing something pretty darn good today.

I had a Card Party to go to this afternoon at a friends place near the beach. Card Party... I'd never heard of it either before today, but it was pretty good! Managed to pick up some Christmas Cards and other goodies for a great price.

So seen as we were headed out towards the beach, I decided to take Sam with me for a visit before we went to the party. Luckily there was a break in the weather and we got to have some quality mother/son time.



There was one slight hitch. I must have temporarily forgotten who my son was when I decided to go to the beach before  the party. One by one, his clothing came off and he ended up butt naked rolling around in the sand. That's my boy!





After shaking off as much sand as possible, we headed to the party. Sam loved it, he played with the little girls and the kids spent most of the time outside by the food table in between playing their little hearts out.

The Card Display


Everyone checking out the catalogue


There were laughs all around when Sam walked inside like this... I think those shoes match his eyes :P

The beautiful spread. You guys will be so proud, my new middle name is 'self control' :D

Lewy and Jacob had a lovely afternoon together, apparently Jacob made Lewy read the same book about 10 times. Hehe it's Jakey's new thing, he loves being read too and will bring piles of books to you to read. And you must comply - otherwise he'll cry. :P

---------------


Time for Day One update. I did good! Yay me! And considering it is only Day One, it's not surprising that the no alcohol rule was easy to follow :) I'm sitting here sipping a nice cup of tea, feeling rather refreshed after my healthy day.

I loved today so much :)

How was your day?

4 comments:

Claire said...

Oh I like this post a lot!! Many points to make and comment on. Here goes!!! :-D

The bottle shop guy is right, not complete lies ;-)

I just read The Bloggess post - HILARIOUS!! She really is very very talented and funny!! I may need to buy her book too!!

I'm very impressed at your self control around that GORGEOUS spread of food! Well done! You will do brilliantly :-)

Was it a Phoeniex Trading party? Their stuff is awesome. I bought into it a few years ago, promptly did NOTHING with it and used all the stock myself!! :-D

Tracey said...

Thanks Claire! That's right - it was Phoenix Trading Party! I'm not surprised you used all the stock yourself, the cards are gorgeous! x

Val said...

Fantastic blog...great pics of Sam at the beach...and the seagull...I love that pic...would maybe like to use that on my beach theme?? And well done with the self control at the party...that food liked mega yummy!!!! And how cute is Sam in the pink heels and pink wand...thank goodness his hair is not long enough for curlers...right Lewy???? :-) xxx

izzie said...

YAY for you!! Will be praying for a GREAT 30 days! What a fun party!!