Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 313 It's Raining, It's Pouring

Peek-a-boo

Hello rain and thunderstorm. After yesterday's heat, it was a very welcome change. I am looking forward to posting pictures of the finished back yard... but that will have to wait until, well, until it's actually finished. The rain meant we had to cease work for now.  I think after yesterday's effort though, Lewy and I were both secretly pleased we were rained out :P


We did however make time to run around with the boys in the rain...every drop of rain was refreshing. I think it should be law that when it rains, you have to do what Jacob is doing... and try to catch as much of it in your mouth as you can, while you have a blissful look on your face due to the extreme excitement of it all. Precious moment caught on camera.


Don't worry, barefoot baby only lasted 2 seconds before he was made to put shoes on :) 

So, as I mentioned previously about feeling the desire to do something positive with my experience with Depression... I've been spending some time in the evenings sitting down with the good ol' fashioned note pad and pen, jotting down ideas. To my surprise, an idea formed quite easily and I can feel a flame of excitement in the pit of my belly :) I won't go into too much detail at the moment, in case it all falls through. But the main thing is.. the ball is rolling. Stay tuned!



Looking for a quick tasty dish to make for dinner? Well, well... you have come to the right place! Vegetarian Chilli Bean Nachos! Sounds good right?! Yes. Yes it does. 


I didn't take any photos of it, because frankly it is so easy to make and it basically just looks like a pile of 'taste on a plate' that I figured I didn't need to do a step-by-step :P Perfect for a lazy Friday night dinner or Saturday night... or Sunday night.... or.....you get it. 


The recipe is here - http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/17373/vegetarian+chilli+beans The only changes I made was to serve it on corn chips, top it with cheese and microwave it for about 30 seconds just to melt the cheese... done. DIG IN. Drooooool. Next time I make it, I'll add some diced avocado on top.



I got to spend some quality time with the camera today ... obviously :P.... I honestly think I am at my happiest when I have the camera in my hands. Worries, anxieties, stress, everything falls away when I am walking around looking for that 'perfect shot'. Do you think someone would pay me to walk around the bush taking photos that only you guys will see on my blog? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? :-/


This photo was taken on Sam's behalf. "Mummy, look! Take a picture of the birdie walking on the road!". Done, my dear boy :)

Do you ever wish that you could just be completely open with others and share your struggles/secrets/fears/down falls? How freeing would that be? To say "this is me, the good, the bad, the ugly". Well, I know I wish that. So, why don't we do it more often?

I know why. Because we are scared of being judged, scared that people will look down on us and think about us differently. That's sad isn't it? I know for me, if I am ever privileged enough to be let in on someone's struggle/secret, my first thought is "thank goodness, you are human, just like me".

But with that said, I'm also guilty of withholding lots of personal struggles, fears and down falls. Self-preservation seems to be human nature doesn't it?

I don't have a neat way to end this... it's just something that's been on my mind lately. If you share yours, I'll share mine.. deal? :)




Time for me to sign off, we have a big working day ahead of us tomorrow. Night all and sweet dreams x

3 comments:

Val said...

Sensational pictures (of course)....the flower pictures are stunning!! Can't wait to hear about your little task your going to take on re Depression....xxx

Claire said...

My fave photo is the one of the rain on the ground!! And of Jacob catching the rain - what a precious pic xx

I'll share something ;-) When Hannah sprays her food everywhere (new thing!) I have to try SO hard to keep my cool. It really winds me up!! I have yelled at her, then felt terrible :-( She's a baby, plus what am I teaching her by yelling?!! That it's OK to yell!! She'll only end up yelling too if I keep that up!! So that dominated my thoughts for, oh, a good hour after breakfast!!

Tracey said...

Oh Claire, you're a sweetie. You wouldn't want to be a fly on my wall - I'm the Queen of yelling! Oh dear!