Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 320 Home

Safe and sound back home. It was lovely to spend time with my parents, we even managed to go to the local pools for a swim this morning while Dad had a therapy class. Jacob loved it... more than loved it, that gorgeous smile of his was plastered on his face. Adorable!

Jacob is really trying to talk now. He babbles like there is no tomorrow, and after he babbles, he laughs like he has just told the funniest joke. He is really changing and growing, such a lovable, affectionate boy. Jacob is most definitely a Mummy's boy. Which I secretly (or not so secretly!) love considering Sam is through and through a Daddy's boy :) It's nice to get some attention around here! Ha!

Last night, after Jacob had gone to sleep, Mum, Dad and I watched Hawaii Five-O. I've never seen an episode before, but we saw an ad for it and it looked like a pretty interesting (scary) story line, so we gave it a shot. It was supposed to be a scary/ghostly/haunting type crime story.. so of course I was a little on edge. I jumped once. That might sound like I'm brave.. but it was actually the complete opposite :P When one of the detectives was checking out a morgue (seriously... a morgue.. by themselves? Crazy!). Anyway a lamp came into the view and I thought it was a murderer/crazy man... so I jumped out of my skin.. much to my parents amusement! Not my best moment... out of all that happened in the show - A LAMP scared me the most. Ummm. I'm a total wimp. :P

Speaking of Dad, my Dad is doing really well since his operation. He is still healing from the surgery, which apparently it will take quite some time to fully heal, but overall, he feels confident that that the operation was a success and the pain level is nowhere near what he was experiencing before. Things can only get better from here. What a blessing. :)

------------

I'm feeling quite emotional this afternoon. Sam was looking at our wedding photos and asking a lot of questions, so I asked him if he wanted to see my wedding dress. Of course, he not only wanted to see it, but he wanted to try it on! I couldn't say no :) This dress holds nothing but beautiful, loving memories.. so to see Sam in it .. well I got all teary and emotional and enjoyed re-living the amazing memories of our special day.



Excuse the toys and mess all over the floor! Sam put on the dress and veil.. then said to Lewy "I'm a princess, do you want to marry me?" Priceless!

------------

I'm in a bit of a 'blah' mood today. I've got a number of things on my mind which are weighing me down. Such is life huh?! Just one of those days. Here's to tomorrow!

Night all xx

4 comments:

Claire said...

I had a giggle at the mental picture of Jacob babbling then laughing - LOVE IT!! So so adorable!!

The photos of Sam in your wedding dress are certainly something to treasure - WOW. I would have been emotional and teary too!!

So glad to hear that your Dad is doing well - great news :-)

Aaron and Izzie said...

How precious!!! Seriously, so sweet.

Pam said...

Oh that is the cutest thing ever:-)

Val said...

Nice puppies Sam!! :-)