Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 312 Hardcore

Remember when I spent hours weeding awhile ago? Well compared to today's outdoor activities, weeding was as easy as chillin' outside working on my tan.

We spent most of this hot day sweating and labouring under the burning sun (does anyone feel sorry for me yet? :P)  Seriously though, there is nothing like rolling up your sleeves and getting into some hard work. Lewy and I set our sights on our back yard today. If you are wondering what has happened to our magical wilderness... it has gone. Not the magic, just the wilderness. :)

Replacing it is nicely mowed lawn/weeds/dirt in which Lewy is making his mission to bring back to a beautiful green patch of grass for the boys to play on. With this in mind, we spent the day building a brick ledge around the grassed area.


We used a pile of spare patio pavers that were around the side of the house (from when the house was originally built), and the paint that we used to re-paint the patio... painting was my job, and Lewy dug the trench to put them in. Work got hardcore at one point, when we had to cement in the pavers in one section. ;))

While Lewy and I worked, this is what the boys did. Whose job would you prefer?!

-------------

Because I'm in a good mood, I'm going to do another Giveaway!

The winner will get a cool little Pamper Pack, made up of  ... actually I won't tell you what it's made up of, I'll surprise you! Let me just say, it will include some necessary goodies for a quiet time out when you need it the most :)

So to be in the running, just make a comment on this post. Easy right?! I'll announce the winner in a couple of days.  Good luck!

Night all x

4 comments:

Claire said...

Wow sounds like you worked very hard today!!!! Is it finished?? I'm guessing not yet, otherwise we'd have seen photos?!!!!

Val said...

WOW!!! What a day for gardening hun...man it was warm today...good on you guys for getting stuck into it...can't wait to see the final picture of the bowling green!! Ps...Good choice boys for keeping cool!! The place to be!!! xox

Lisa said...

Im with claire... Looking forward to seeing the finished product!!! It does sound like you had a hard and busy day! Much rather be chillin in the pool with the boys though!! lol:)

Anonymous said...

I't's great to get excited about the garden but remember,' a rose bush is a weed if it is grown in the wrong spot'.
Love Dad