Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 317 Lady Bugs


Sam and I went on a lady bug hunt around the garden this morning. We also had a very interesting conversation about the difference between snails and slugs.  Sam then made it his job to provide a new shell for a slug he found. What did he use? A rock. Ummm... another conversation was had about why a rock would hurt the little guy and I casually mentioned that we had to be gentle with the slug because "he has a family who will worry about him if he gets hurt". Lewy, while gardening, was quietly laughing away. Me: "What? It DOES have a family ... I think". Ahhh the joys of exploring the garden!

Click!





------------------


I'm bursting with excitement about this recipe I tried tonight. I found the recipe here: 1 Cup Awesome and I'm literally sitting here smiling as I write this.. it was so good! Make sure you check out the website as there are so many gorgeous recipes on there. http://1cupawesome.com


Crispy Gnocchi Pesto with Tomatoes and Goats Cheese


You will need: 
500g packet of Gnocchi
1 tub of Cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup of basil pesto + 1 tablespoon to mix through once meal is cooked
60g Goats cheese

This meal is so quick and easy, perfect for those nights where you don't feel like spending too long in the kitchen but still want something tasty.



1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Place a single layer of Gnocchi in fry pan and leave for 3-4 minutes without turning. Turn over and cook for another 2 minutes, tossing a few times until golden all over.

2. Add in cherry tomatoes and 1/4 cup of basil pesto, stir to combine for a few minutes.


3. Serve up and stir in 1 tablespoon of basil pesto (optional, if you are like me and could live off pesto alone and need that extra buzz!), top with Goats cheese.


Words don't describe. It's so tasty, I literally had to talk myself into putting the fork down so that I didn't go over my portion controlled serving. That took some self control I can tell you :P Make it, you won't regret it!



------------------


Day Three Weight Loss update - Another success. What I'm loving the most is feeling in control. And I do love me some control! Only after 3 days I can already feel a huge difference. It's not that I was overly unhealthy before, my problem was snacking and eating bigger sized meals. So now, I'm very mindful of not snacking and concentrating on portion control. It's working a treat and I feel great. It can only get better!

I'm very excited for tomorrow. Lewy and I are going with Alan (Lewy's Dad) for a day out in the Swan Valley for 1. Wine Tasting (the men) 2. Photography (me) 3, Lunch (all of us). It's a win/win for everyone! They are extremely supportive of my no alcohol rule, especially because I will be the driver. :P I'm excited to be able to spend time walking around the vineyards taking photos while the men discuss the wines like they are experts. :) I already feel sorry for my camera.. it is going to get a work out. Stay tuned!

What are you looking forward to most this week?

Happy Monday all! x

4 comments:

Claire said...

MMmmmmm, yummy! Looks good!

Well done on the self control - so far so good! I'm on the same journey so I know how you feel!!

Can't wait to see the photos from your winery lunch!

Claire said...

Oh, and what I'm most looking forward to this week, is Thursday night... because Mark will be coming home from Melbourne! He only leaves tomorrow morning hehe!

Val said...

Hello...well...ummm yum!! How good does that look!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that lady bug picture....have you changed it around to see what it looks like in b&w?? Man your eye for things is amazing!!!!

2nd....this week...our pj nite tomorrow nite!!!!! What else could it be?? Have my jar of coffee ready for Thursday morning!!! hee hee

izzie said...

Looks amazing!! WIll try soon!!