Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 324 Mish-mash ramblings


That's better :P

I love when my days start off like today. Everyone is happy, the house is clean, the washing is being done, floors have already been mopped at 7.30am, and that leaves time to hang out and enjoy some time together.

It's about time I give an update on my eating healthy, no alcohol goal - I'm up to Day 10 and so far so goodish! I've had a few occasions where I haven't focussed on eating as well as I should, but I've quickly gotten back on track so that is the main thing! I have to be honest... I had a glass of wine the other day :-/ ... oooops. But in my defence (start grasping for straws for a good excuse.. :P) I was having a pretty bad day and .. well... I really wanted one. Am I forgiven?! Forwards and onwards!

---------------

One of my favourite quotes. The moment I read it, I felt peace.

"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world" C.S Lewis


---------------



This is a picture of the absolutely delicious "Christmas Ice-cream Cake" Val made. The recipe is below:

Preparation Time: 15mins plus overnight freezing time
Serves: 12

You will need:
2 litres vanilla ice-cream
400g Christmas cake (icing removed & I used Coles light fruit cake)
200ml Chocolate sauce
Fresh berries & raspberry sauce, or choc truffles & choc sauce, to decorate.

1. Line 22cm round springform tin with baking paper. Put ice-cream in large bowl, then set aside for 10mins to soften slightly.
2. Use your hands to crumble cake. Add to ice-cream and stir to combine. Add sauce & swirl gently to marble. Spoon into prepared tin & freeze overnight or until firm.
3. Turn out onto serving platter and top with fresh berries & raspberry sauce or with chic truffles & choc sauce.

Too easy and SO tasty!

---------------


Jacob and I enjoyed some morning tea and coffee/juice outside today.  I snuck in a few pages of the new book I'm reading. Another Ken Follett book 'Dangerous Fortune' set in England during the 1800's. I'm hooked already.



---------------

Regarding my Depression Project, I got some great news today.  I have been waiting patiently and finally received approval to go ahead with my idea on behalf of beyondblue (a national depression and anxiety initiative www.beyondblue.org.au). Stay tuned, I'll be sharing all the details in next couple of days, setting up a Facebook Page for the Project etc...  I just have some fine tuning to do, finalise the Brochure and then we are good to go! I'm excited! Can't wait to share it with you guys :D

Night all!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Oh wow, how exciting about your project!!! Can't wait to hear more about this Trace!

PS: Forgiven, re the glass of wine!!

Val said...

Very yummy cake hey....did you guys enjoy the rest of it!!?? Love the picture of the arrowroot biscuit...i'm all stocked up now too...super cute!! xox