Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 318 Swan Valley Wine Tasting


Before I fill you in on my day I must give you a Day 4 Update. Reason being, I'm so darn proud of myself! I was surrounded by wine and delicious food and I was fabulously strong. It was actually easy to ignore the alcohol considering I was the driver for the day, and the food, well let's just say, I was self-controlled and made very good choices. Woohoo! I'm feeling great!



Photography on the other hand. Big fat fail. I hardly took any photos for some reason. I ended up spending most of my time chatting with Lewy and Alan and watching them swirl the wine, sipping the wine and chatting about the 'tannins'. That was the word of the day and they threw it around like they knew what they were talking about... ha!




It was great fun though, we went to 3 wineries - that doesn't sound like much but we did visit a number more just to find out they were closed or not open yet. It was quite the adventure :P After 3 sets of wine tasting, the men were done with wine so we decided to head to Mash Brewery where they could wash it done with some beer.


Don't look so happy guys!

We settled in at the Mash Brewery for some Peppermint Tea (for me obviously :P)...

and we shared this lovely tasting plate.

My lunch - Warm pumpkin, fetta, basil and caramelised onion tart with garden salad. Delicious!

By the time we left, the rain came pouring down...perfect timing :)

I'm looking forward to a relaxing evening once my little ones are in bed. I feel like it will be a night of jotting notes/plans down on the old notepad ... even though the diary isn't looking that full, I am beginning to feel unorganised. I'm pretty sure that's mostly just in my head though, not in reality! But nuts or not, I have to plan something to make myself feel better, ha!

Happy Days,

1 comments:

Val said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......these vineyard photos......just stunningggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!