Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 319 Old School


Hello Hello! I'm blogging on location tonight. I love saying that, it makes my life sound so much more interesting than it really is. :P Jacob and I here in Mandurah with my parents for the night. I'm doing 'helper daughter' duties so Jacob is along for the ride while Sam and Lewy are having quality time together at home.


Before we left, Lewy and I went to a Parent Meeting at the school Sam will be going to next year. How did we get to this stage so quickly?! My little guy is growing up so fast. We had to apply for Sam to attend this school, as it was out of our school zone and we were absolutely thrilled when a space was available for him. It was fantastic to meet the teachers today and get a feel for the place. I'm very confident that we have chosen a great school and that he will happy there. I think I may get teary when he starts his first day of Kindy next year...we will be entering a new phase of our lives. Oh boy!

--------------------


Day 5 Update - Eat healthy with appropriate portion sizes? CHECK! No alcohol? CHECK! I'm on fire :P


Check out this App for the iPhone. Meal Snap App You can take a photo of your food and it gives you a rough guide as to the calories in it. I tried it for tonight's dinner and it was pretty accurate!

--------------------


Time Travel

Jacob, in his typical 'I'm going to grab everything and anything I can get my hands on' when we first arrived at my parents, opened a cupboard and pulled out this amazing piece. (For the record, it was broken already!)


This purse is near on 120 years old and there is a lovely little story of how it came to be in Mum's possession. My Mum's Dad (Bernard) was working as an apprentice carpenter many many years ago in a large manor house in the Isle of Man.  He became friends with the housekeeper, Alice Kennedy, and they remained friends for years afterwards. When my Mum was 10 years old, Alice gave her the purse to keep and explained that it was a late Victorian piece. Antiques Roadshow anyone?!

Right, off to make a cuppa. Night all!

Happy Days,

2 comments:

Claire said...

SCHOOL, already?!! Wow, how time flies!

What an amazing story about the purse!!

Val said...

The girl in the car behind you is picking her nose?? :-)