Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 326 When The Whistle Blows

Stunning weather, perfect day for an outing to Whiteman Park for a train ride. 


This makes me laugh... :P Funny Jacob.

The train driver was fantastic, he took Sam to sit in the Drivers Seat and showed him a few of the gadgets and how it works.  We were the only people on the train so we got special attention :)

Check out the ticket machine!




Trains make little ones sleepy....



We had a picnic lunch, complete with birds trying to snatch the crumbs left over from the boys, or in Jacob's case, the entire sandwich as  he kept throwing it to them willingly.....

and a quick stop at the playground afterwards.

I love that we live so close to Whiteman Park. The boys had a great time and so did we!

------------

Darn this new book I'm reading! I cannot put it down. Last night, although I was so tired... I found myself turning page after page in a trance. I even managed to get ready for bed, brush my teeth etc, all without putting the book down. Ken Follett = one talented writer. Before you read 'A Dangerous Fortune' though, you still have to read 'Pillars of The Earth' & 'World Without End' ... go on, start reading! I promise you'll love it :D

------------

Happy Days!

3 comments:

Claire said...

Oh what a great way to spend the day! Gorgeous photos :-)

Val said...

Great choo choo train pics...and love how J-dogg is chasing Sam with his "tiger" impression.....hee hee.....also great slide shot!!!

Aaron and Izzie said...

Wonderful trip! The weather looks gorgeous... Also, you forgot to mention Pillars of the Earth is 900+ pages. It took me 6 weeks!! I wouldn't have even picked it up if you had not suggested it:) I am working up the courage to start the next...Are they as long??