Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 129


I love coming to Mandurah... I'm sure I've said that before :) There is nothing like spending time with your parents. Today has been BUSY. We've managed to fit in a whole heap of stuff - eyebrow wax for me (way overdue!), winter clothes shopping for my boys (oh so cute!), other necessary appointments, more shopping, lunch with a family friend and a whole lot of other bits and pieces in between.

---------------------------


We went to my mum's friend Lynne's house this afternoon... this is the view from her balcony. Stunning!

Sam had a ball here... Lynne has a granddaughter, so has lots of toys in the house and Sam made himself quite at home carrying dolly around in the baby carrier.

Checking out the view from the lounge room...


Goodnight, little baby, close your eyes....(or else I'll poke your eyes until you close them...)

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie...


Mum and I :)


Now the 'boy' side comes out. The baby carrier is in fact... a fireman's hat!

---------------------------

One of the first tasks to do for my photography course, was to create a 'test' album, and post up some photos of our work. Basically, to get used to the forum as well as letting others in the class see some stuff we have previously done. So of course, when someone gives me a task like this...I darn well do it, on time and to the best of my ability. 

So here I am, with my newly uploaded photo album for all the group to see. 

Guess what? Turns out I'm the class nerd and no one else has gotten around to doing it yet. So because I am the only one who has posted a photo album, my teacher has used my photos to start to a group discussion on the good and bad of each one! oh my! First thing this morning, I read an email with a critique of each of my photos... wow. A part of me felt like crap (please excuse the language, it's the only word to describe it!).. but a bigger part of me was very excited that I can use this feedback to really improve and that it what this whole course is about. I'm not out for all gushing feedback, I know full well that I have so much to learn and so much to improve... so I'm glad that not only do I have constructive criticism but I have advice on how to improve. 
---------------------------

xxx

3 comments:

Pam said...

Are we able to see the photos as well or only your class?

Claire said...

Always love to hear of your visits to Mandurah, I can imagine how relaxing it is for you! Your Mummy looks lovely (just like you!!)

Good work on being the class nerd luvvie, I'd expect nothing less!! :D

Tracey said...

Hey Pam! The forum is locked, but I am going to try and post up most of the photos that I add to the class... I may even let you guys see some feedback (especially if I need a self esteem boost after a battering!) x