Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 150

 Today has been quiet! Sam was very happy when we arrived at Daycare for his very first day. He kissed me goodbye and ran off to play with the kids. Apparently, the staff told me later, Sam fit right in, had a ball and played hard. This is good!

But oh boy... was the house quiet.. and I enjoyed every second of it! Lewy was able to to take some time off today, which was great especially after he has been so busy with work lately... so we celebrated by going to the Rose and Crown for lunch... unfortunately I only had my iPhone to take pics.


Our tasting plate.. it was gooooooood.

Jacob thought so too..





Apparently this rose bush is like 100 years old... I said to Lewy that our rose bushes will probably last that long, seen as they have lasted around 7 years at our place (and were around 10 years old when we got them from a friend!) and are still growing and producing flowers.. even though we take the most minimal care of them!

My Gnocchi, with spinach and a creamy parmesan sauce.. it was delicious. 


Jacob taking a walk after lunch..

Later at home.. Sam told me that Crystal (one of the staff who looked after him today) was very pretty and very nice.. this is what I want to hear! He hasn't stopped talking about all the fun he had, and all his new friends :) A bonus, was running into a lady I met at my old Mothers Group (Jo.. if you read this - it was Miranda!) and she had only good things to say about the Daycare centre, which gave me extra confidence that we had a chosen the right place for Sam.

--------------------------

In other news.. remember I was saying I was in desperate need of a break? Well I have been able to organise a trip away all by myself! Wow! It is during the working week, so my parents have kindly offered to look after my boys, while Lewy is working.. and I'll be driving out of town to my favourite place New Norcia... for 2 whole nights! Did I mention it is all by myself?! 

Now comes the part that makes it even more special for me. I'll be staying at the Monastery Guest house, which means I will be able to have plenty of people around me, enjoying meals with the monks and the visiting nuns and other guests who are staying there.. and I'll also be joining in with the prayer sessions that are held during the day and night. Absolutely NOT everyone's cup of tea for a break away! But it's exactly what I'm looking for. Getting out to the country, being able to take long walks.. just me and my camera, time with the monks to talk with them and get back to simple living.. and I'm especially looking forward to the prayer sessions. I need some re-fuelling.... physically, mentally and spiritually.. and New Norcia is the place for me. 

So hopefully, when I return from that trip in a few weeks time, I'll have some lovely photos to share :) 

--------------------------

Okay, I know I asked this before.. but I'm asking again! If anyone has some yummy vegetarian recipes I would love to see them! Looking for some 'easy to make but very yummy' meals to incorporate into the weekly menu that the whole family will enjoy :) (Izzie, I'm thinking of you and that Vege Lasagne!)... thanks all! 

--------------------------

Peaceful, happy Tuesday :) 

4 comments:

Claire said...

SO glad Sam enjoyed Kindy! And SO glad you enjoyed your quiet peaceful day!! Lunch looked absolutely gorgeous. Fantastic photos considering they were only iPhone ones!! Just goes to show it's who's behind the camera, as well as having a good camera, that makes a good photo ;-)

Pam said...

Jacob is so beautiful - love his eyes

Val said...

OMG that tasting platter is massive....what a lovely day you guys had!!! Picture of Jacob is sooo cute, the picture of his hands are just adorable...xxx

Jot said...

I haven't been in for a while and I've just started catching up. Miranda always said her day care was excellent, you can't help but worry can you? Glad to hear your mind is at rest. Wow two whole nights away, sounds sensational!
And New Norcia with the monks sound great, food for the soul, you'll really be able to recharge. Hey I'm not religious and I think it would be wonderful. I'd love to hear all about it.