Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 127

My photography course hasn't even started yet and I'm already very impressed with my teacher! My teacher Noelle, got in touch with me (and of course the other students) to get some background information about our hopes for the class, where we are at with our photography journey, type of camera and equipment, and what our favourite subjects to photograph are etc. The company I'm going through is actually allllllllll the way in Florida, so all correspondence is of course over email and on the website forum.

I wrote up some background information and sent it back, including the link to my Flickr site so that Noelle could get a feel for what she is working with (trust me, I was nervous showing a true professional my amateur work). Since then we've already exchanged a few emails, where she has given me constructive criticism as well as positive feedback, and said she will work with me closely to make sure I learn everything I need to, to take the kinds of photos I hope for.  I have a very good feeling this is going to be a great experience!

----------------------------

I went to a friend's Baby Shower this afternoon, it was so refreshing having some time out to chat and relax with the girls! I felt nice and rejuvenated after a great arvo. I only have iPhone pics, so not great but better than no pics at all!

The glowing mother - 7 weeks to go until she meets baby number 3!

Me & Lauren




On the drive home... beautiful sun setting...

Such a nice day... I didn't even realise I needed a break until I got one! 

Hope you all had a great weekend... here's to a fantastic week ahead! 

xxx

3 comments:

Val said...

Great news about your teacher!!! What a great idea that she rang you and got to ask what you want to achieve!! You will ace this course!!! Great pictures of the baby shower!! WOW...7 wks for Belinda!!

Aaron and Izzie said...

Fun day, the weather looks gorgeous there! It is supposed to be summer here and we have snow falling... Can't wait to see all the new pictures! You'll do great!

Pam said...

Looks like a lovely party.