Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 135 & 136

Phew...blogger is working for me again. I sat down last night with a coffee, ready to update my blog but it wouldn't work, and I totally felt like something was missing out of my day! Just goes to show how updating my blog has become a huge part of my life! It's my end of the day ritual, and one I really enjoy. I always put the boys to bed, do a quick tidy of the house, do my work and then finally, like it's my reward.. I sit and blog:) 


As a part of the photography course, I've been testing out both of my lenses. Usually I always just use one of my lenses, so it's like having a whole new camera using the other one. These photos below were taken with my 2nd lens and I really enjoyed using it. It has become my new favourite toy. 




Lewy walked through the door after getting home from work and this was Jacob's reaction :)



One of the photos I submitted as part of Week 1's photography assignment...

Week 1 successfully completed!  5 more weeks to go.

----------------------------

You know you desperately need a break.... when you have a dentist appointment for a root canal.... and you are actually looking forward to the fact you have 1 whole hour to sit in a chair and watch the TV on the ceiling!!!!! I think that's my first clue that I could do with a little break - some child free time! 

The dental nurse said to me she has never seen someone so relaxed about getting a root canal before! ha! And I actually did enjoy my time out! And let's face it - the worst part of a root canal is the needle in the beginning, and considering I actually don't mind needles (is that strange I don't have a problem with getting needles?!) all I had to do with lay back with my mouth open, while the dentist did all the hard work and I watched Coronation Street. I even shut my eyes at one point and had a little rest! When you are a stay at home mum, you have to take the breaks when you can...even when someone is drilling your tooth. 

Time for me to organise a little break?? Yes... I really really think so! 

----------------------------


Some photos taken this afternoon, that I may submit for my photography course. Just loving the new lens...


This one would have looked so much better if there weren't dead leaves at the front!

xxxx

3 comments:

Aaron and Izzie said...

Oh I just about died laughing about the free time root canal, how true!!! I have an appointment Thursday for the dentist as well:) That first lady bug pic is really gorgeous, nice job!

Val said...

LOVING YOUR NEW LENS!!!!! I agree with Izzie...what do us mums have to do to get some free time....go to the dentist!!!! I should regularly get my teeth checked at least once a month...arghhhh peace!!!! xxx

Claire said...

Trace, I think you are just about the only person I know who could actually ENJOY going for a root canal!!!

Can't believe the photos with the new lens - A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!