Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 144

I have the overwhelming feeling that I need a break .... even though I've come to a place of acceptance of my state of mind lately, and the need for change.. have broken down barriers to be open and honest.. and am putting things in place to ensure an easier ride for me and my family... I still feel like I am running on empty. I feel like I don't just need one afternoon, or one night away... but a whole weekend away with my husband ... to totally 'fill up' and recharge, so that I can come back home rejuvenated and stronger to carry on in my role as wife, mother and for 'myself'.

It's been a huge few weeks (okay, months) and while I'm now coming out the other end of the tunnel, it seems the journey has taken it's toll and a break is in order.

Will add this to the list of 'must do' :)
-----------------

Jacob was a baby Koala today, and clung to me the entire day when he was awake. Poor little guy is out of sorts, teething, not quite himself and literally just snuggled in, head on my shoulder and stayed there with not a peep out of him.. he just wanted to be as close and snuggled to me as he could. I can't say I minded one little bit...I enjoyed every minute of it! 
Of except maybe I didn't enjoy the part where I vacuumed while I was still holding him... that was hard work! But we managed it :) 

He slept a lot today, and I'm hoping my angel Jacob will be feeling his brighter, happier self tomorrow. Sleep well precious boy. 
-----------------

The Project is complete! About time huh?! For something quite simple, it ended up taking much longer than expected. At least it's finally finished and I'm very pleased with the final result!

So let me walk you through the fun! 

Bought this set of frames from Thingz for $10... (how cheap is that?!)

Began the process of spray painting...Sam found it the hardest thing ever to not touch these wet frames... and I had to re-spray a number of times due to finding little finger marks, when it seemed the temptation just got too much and he just couldn't help but stick one little finger in!

My aim was for colour, colour, colour... there is enough brown in our house - I need BRIGHT!

My very handy, handy-man! It gave me a headache watching Lewy calculate the measurements and work out where to line and centre the photos... clearly maths isn't my strong point. So I supervised and tried to keep out of his way so he could get on with it!

Sam gets so excited watching Lewy work... he loves all the tools and asking what they do and pretending to work just like Daddy.. it's so cute :)

Ta-da! I love all the colour, I'm very happy to have more photos surrounding us :)

I could have jumbled all the colours and mixed and matched... but that is totally against my nature. I like order :) So the colours had to be in order too!


-----------------

Onwards and upwards.... :) xx

4 comments:

Val said...

Great masterpiece lovely!!! WOW love the coloured frames...top job!!! I'll have to get some tips on how to picture up properly on the wall for when I do my photo wall...one of these days!!! Just love the different pictures of the boys!!!

Aaron and Izzie said...

Looks great! Nice job Trace!

Claire said...

Yay the project is finished!! It looks fantastic, the colours are so bright and bold, I love it!!

Same as Val, I need tips on this too (spooky as was thinking about this only last night!). I googled once to try and find "photo wall" layouts. Didn't come up with much though. Hmmm. Hehe!

Pam said...

That looks awesome Trace :-)