Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 287 It's all good

Last night. I really enjoyed last night :)

Lewy and decided to watch Terra Nova which he had taped when it was on recently. It's not the kind of show that I am usually drawn too, but for some reason we totally got into it. So much so, that we've decided that Sundays nights are reserved for 'Terra Nova' viewing.

Lewy being... well, Lewy... enjoyed describing the flaws in the story, eg, "There is no way those bullets wouldn't kill the dinosaur" and "it's too unrealistic" and "You'd think he'd (the main character Dad) would be a little nicer considering he's just illegally entered the new land" etc etc but it gave us a good entertaining evening nonetheless! We're hooked!

***********

I came across this pasta bake recipe yesterday and tried it out for dinner. It's a winner! Easy to prepare, extremely healthy, filling and tasty... doesn't get much better than that.

Vegetable Pasta Bake


The recipe is here: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/17180/vegetable+pasta+bake


Look how much it made!!! Enough to feed a small army. Unless you are wanting to freeze a spare dinner or you are expecting loads of people over, it might be a good idea to half the ingredients. I also ended up adding another bottle of pasta sauce as one just wasn't enough for the amount of ingredients.

The recipe calls for bacon, so I scooped some pasta into a small dish minus the bacon for my dinner and then prepared two casserole dishes with bacon. One to freeze, one for dinner :)




Looks delicious right? Jam packed with vegetables :) Make it - you won't regret it! When I make it again, I'll be adding some olives just for extra pop.. dig in!


***********

We've been busy bees today. Lewy wired up the study - yay! The beauty of being married to an electrician is that you can have as many power and data points as your little heart desires! We've set the study up so that our computers, printer, equipment etc has its own power point.. which means no messy cables hanging around and everything will look lovely and neat. Oh be still my OCD beating heart!

And just in case we get lonely in there, we added a TV for some company... now all that's left is to build a desk that will go along the length of the wall, build some shelves and get someone to fit the door. So close.  I took this photo before Lewy had finished the rest of the data points, so it's all completed now.


Forgive me while I gush about my husband for a second.... he is totally clever! I've been so impressed with his skill .. not only did he create a whole new room and built the walls, but he put up cornices himself even though he's never seen it done before, and created 2 gorgeous new rooms for us. Not only that, but his skill with electrical work is impressive.... I'm proud of him (is it obvious?) :)

When I wasn't required to be an apprentice to Lewy, I spent ages outside weeding.

Weeding. Seriously. Our garden managed to grow so many weeds lately that it looks like we actually planted a garden bed of weeds rather than rose bushes and shrubs. I'm not kidding.

So I got to work and this is what happened..... I got bitten on the butt by goodness knows what and then a spider ran across my foot. :-O A SPIDER.. on my foot. :-S I did not enjoy that. Not one little bit.

And really, what's the deal with weeds anyway? What's their point? I actually don't mind the ones that pull out easily, they don't bother me so much... it's more those pesky weeds that snap off leaving the roots in the soil. And you know full well that the weed is going to regrow in like 5 seconds. (Psst... Tracey, I don't think anyone cares about your thoughts on weeds, best to change topic :-/).

Okay... okay

Big day = Chinese for dinner.

My weary body is looking forward to saying goodnight to my little chickens, putting up my feet and watching something mind-numbing on TV.. maybe even a glass of wine. Oh okay... definitely a glass of wine. :P

Happy Saturday all xx

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I LOVED Terra Nova too!!! It was great! Your weeds hun i hear you!! They are never ending, I hate when the roots snap off, then you have to get in there and dig the suckers out!!! :) Anyway sounds like you had a very productive day!! xxx

Claire said...

Hehehe, very funny post, made me giggle!!! I also hear you on the weeds... I'm actually allergic to weeding though... No, REALLY!! :-/