Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 310 Depression.. again?

More stuff about depression. Sorry guys, it seems to be everywhere I look lately (although I'm very grateful that it's not visiting me personally).

As you know I follow a few blogs. It really is only a few, even it might sound like all I do is read blogs all day :P It seems I am attracted to blogs of people who have been through/going through depression, I guess because when you've been through it yourself you automatically have a deeper understanding and connection with those who have also been visited by the dark cloud.

That is a long way of saying .. check out this lady: The Bloggess and other fave of mine: Dooce

These two ladies have something in common. They are HILARIOUS =)) Have you noticed how some people with depression also have the gift of been darn funny? I think what happened in my case was when 'depression' was handed out, I then went on a bathroom break, while the rest of the people moved into the next handout line of 'being hilarious'. Doh!

There is also another reason why the 'dark cloud curse' has been on my mind lately. I've been feeling a strong desire to DO something positive about my experience with it. Like .. I don't know... fundraising, volunteering to bring awareness, organising something. That's about as far as I've gotten on the subject, but there is certainly a niggly feeling inside that I should use the negative experience to bring a positive change for others and actually do good with it. If anyone has any thoughts/ideas, wants to join forces to work on this little project or even just has the same desire to do something .. let me know. :)

*********

Lewy got up to the boys this morning so I could have a little sleep in. I said to him last night "don't forget the routine: get Jacob up, bottle of milk, nappy change and then you both sit and watch 7th Heaven". For some reason, and I don't know why, Lewy was not at all interested in following the last part of the routine. Strange :P

*********

I took this photo last week. This is what Sam ..or should I say Spiderman... looked like when I picked him up from daycare... cute or what?!


I'm excited about the dinner menu for this week, some yummy dishes in the pipeline.....here, I'll prove it:

Fish served with Butter Bean Salad and Sweet Potato Chips

For the fish - I melted some butter in the frypan, added the juice of 1 lemon and some dill. Added in Nile Perch fillets and left until cooked (turning once). So simple, but produces a lovely delicate taste.

 and HERE is the Sweet Potato Chips info.

So, remember the Butter Bean Salad dish that featured on Sunday's Stuff yesterday? I made it! And boy is it gooooood! It's way too easy to make and is a perfect side dish.

To begin, grab 2 x cans of Butter Beans (drained and washed)

Add some Vinaigrette and mix through, set aside.

Add some Kalamata Olives, sliced in half and Sun-dried tomato strips.

Chop up some fresh basil leaves and fetta. (Sorry, I don't have specific measurements - I just added as much as I thought necessary).

Mix through, along with some more Vinaigrette.

It is ..... sublime :P Seriously, it really is.



*********

Last night I watched Scream 4. Yes. I did. I must be pretty de-sensitized to these kinds of scary movies now as 1. I watched it alone. 2. At night. 3. I didn't jump once. 4. I even got a bit bored and played around with my phone.

Anyway, the good thing is I have watched enough of these movies, that should I ever been involved in a situation where crazed killers are out and about, I will know exactly what to do, and what NOT to do ie, run upstairs while the killer is chasing me or run into the garage where the door is sure to be used as a tool in my murder.

Not long after watching the movie, the RCD tripped out. This is the conversation Lewy and I had:

Lewy: I'll have to go out to the switchboard.
Me: No! don't go OUTSIDE! That's what they want you to do. 
Lewy: Who's they?
Me: The killers on Scream. It's all a part of their plan. They trip the RCD, then you go out and get murdered. 
Lewy: Riiiiiiiiiiight. I'm going to go outside now.

See, if there was in fact a Scream killer outside, Lewy would be wishing he listened to me (wishing from heaven). Luckily, THIS TIME, there wasn't any psychos around.... but you can never be too careful. b-(

*********

It's been a hub of activity around our house today. Cleaning (me), fitting in the new desk to the study (Lewy and his Dad), more electrical work in the study (Lewy), washing the piles of laundry (me), food shopping (me) and general work around the house (us) as well as trying to keep the boys occupied (us) :P


Another job done in the study! Looks great, we are so pleased with the result. Lewy and his Dad did a great job, it wasn't an easy task, but they were up to the challenge and nailed it!


More updates to come on the study as we add the final touches soon. What a project it has been!

Just when you thought this post was finally going to come to an end... I have one more question :P

Seen as it's Halloween today and we seem to be a nation that doesn't pay too much attention to this occasion,  it would be interesting to see what your personal views are.

How do you feel about Halloween?



Thanks guys!

Happy Monday x

2 comments:

Val said...

Great job on the office desk...Looks brilliant...job well done boys!! And love the picture of Sam peeking around the corner!!! Mmmm...delicious that bean recipe looks very very yummy...might have to try that one one of these nights....the chicken schnitzel is getting a thrashing at our house at the moment!!! :-))

Anonymous said...

That desk is awesome omg omg whooooooooooooooon who ever made it is orsome