Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 342 Oh Happy Day


First things first... because I'm excited :P The information packs have arrived from beyondblue so the Project is officially ready to go! If you haven't already joined up with me on Facebook, please do! http://www.facebook.com/TraceyRankin1 This way you'll be able to see the updates for the Project as well as going to the new Events page I've just created and let me know if you want to join in :) Even if you don't want to participate in the 30 days without or donate, there is no pressure, maybe you could just re-post the event on your wall for others to check it out? Thanks you guys for all your help, you are the best! 

--------------

Today is very special. 5 years ago today, Lewy and I got married! Happy Anniversary my wonderful best friend and husband. :X

This is what he made for dinner... isn't he talented? Chutney Chicken Breast with Kashmiri Pilaf 


--------------

It's been one busy day, but oh so satisfying. After a great catch up with Lisa and Isaac in the morning (that included some mouth watering orange and poppyseed muffins!), an afternoon of running errands, and finishing off with a special invitation to Sam's Kindy Room at Daycare for a parent afternoon tea and opportunity to look through his scrapbook of activities done since he started.


The kids spent the day making yummy treats for the parents, which included chocolate rice bubble cakes, biscuits with icing and marshmallows, cookies, muffins and a whole lot of other goodies :) It was so cute, Sam  and the other kids were so excited having us parents there and loved showing us all the pictures and notes about their activities.


Jacob gate crashed the party and got stuck into the treats :P It was such a lovely way to finish off the afternoon. The care given to my boys at this place is so wonderful, they are just like a second family :)




--------------

Back at home, that book came out and I read it to Jacob oh roughly about 50 times ... he laughs at each page like it's the first time he has seen it :P


In other news, yesterday I went for a blood test (all is okay, just a routine check up).. easy done, got the blood test done by what I figured was a new person to the job, but it all went smoothly and I made it out alive :P Luckily for me, I got a call today to say that they needed to get one more vial of blood from me as it was missed yesterday... so I was able to go back for another session of getting a needle stuck in my arm :) It's a good thing I don't mind getting needles (WEIRD I know), but anyway, the lady told me I had very good veins. So .. go me! I can add that to my short resume of things I do well... 'Can give blood?' TICK!

Right, it's after 7pm and I have a date on the couch with my husband to watch another DVD. We know how to celebrate!

Happy Days!


P.S Tonight we asked Sam who he is going to marry when he gets older and he said 'Jakey' :P

2 comments:

Claire said...

Wow what a busy post!! Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a fantastic day, the photos from Daycare are so cute :-)

Val said...

I agree with Claire....what a busy day....bless Jakey loving his book....it makes me chuckle everytime!!! Maybe hide it??