Sunday, December 25, 2011

Day 365... yes that's right, DAY 365!

MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

It's a wonderful day! If you are wondering why I'm blogging in the middle of Christmas Day, it's because we're doing things a little differently this year. We have made Breakfast and Dinner our main meals, which leaves a whole afternoon of peace, rest and relaxation.... and we like it!

This Christmas has a very relaxed vibe to it and our little family is soaking it up. Poor Jacob is out of sorts and still not quite 100% so it's a good thing that we are taking things easy today so he can rest up.

Watching Sam this morning was a real treat for us. His excitement was contagious :) I tried to take a few snaps of him opening his presents, but he was a blur in all of them as he was moving around so fast and ripping that paper so quickly, the camera couldn't keep up :P


Please note, the tree had way more decorations on it when I first put it up. Thanks to two kids and a puppy, most of the baubles have fallen off and rolled to the back.. ha!


While Sam was being The Flash, Jacob sat in one spot, feeling unwell and looking in a daze... poor chicken :(



This train set is awesome, when Sam isn't playing with it, I may or may not make up my own little town and get a train system up and running to improve productivity of the community.


The table setting. Yes, I know. I should have smoothed out the creases. :P This photo doesn't really do the table justice, it was a vision of colour and fun.


Fresh coffees provided by my Mother in Law, Sharon. What a treat!


Ray and poorly Jacob. He was a little koala bear who wanted lots of cuddles. Jacob I mean, not Ray. :P


Breakfast time! Lewy was in charge of the bacon, eggs and sausages on the BBQ, and Sharon and I were in charge of flipping pancakes in the kitchen.


Digging in..

Oh wow. Berries, bananas, maple syrup, whipped cream. Need I say more?!



Christmas Breakfast = a success! Lots of laughing, enjoying the good food and company.

My boys are napping now after all the excitement of the morning. Which is just the ticket for them to get some energy back to enjoy our special Christmas dinner. As for me, I plan on finding a cheesy Christmas movie on TV to watch while I put my feet up :P

What's for Christmas Dinner you ask? Well, well.. I'll tell you! Steak and sausages for the boys, Salmon for me, prawns marinated in Garlic and Sweet Chilli Sauce, finished off with some special salads. For dessert we will enjoy Berry & Apple Crumble with cream. Oh and I'm pretty sure there will be a glass of wine or two added in there somewhere :P

This year's celebrations are going against the normal traditions a bit, but we like to mix things up and keep it interesting :P Lewy and I are rebels like that. Ha!

I may be back later with a wind up of our day OR I may end up falling into bed after a day of celebrations. We shall see what happens :)

I'm going to post up a final note (ha, note it's more like an essay!) as a close to the nutty 365 blog challenge! Before you think I had nothing else to do today but write posts for this blog, I actually wrote my little closing note out a few days ago :) How's that for organisation? Work.. I'm ready!

Have a excellent Christmas Day my friends, enjoy your celebrations and soak in the magic.

Happy Days!

3 comments:

izzie said...

Merry Christmas sweet family!

Claire said...

Love, love LOVE! What a wonderful day you had. Merry Christmas!!!
PS: Hope Jacob is feeling better by now!! xx

Val said...

Poor little Jacob...he really looked like a cuddly little koala....glad you identified that it was Jakey the koala and not Ray...I was wondering who was going to nurse Ray all morning....hee hee...xxx