Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 347

Valerie, it's your birthday, Happy Birthday Valerie! :D 

We spent a lovely evening, talking the night away (that snuck past 12pm), sitting by the candlelight and glow from the tree. Talking, snacking and sipping on non-alcoholic sparking wine.... come on guys - we can't be total rebels! Staying up late AND drinking? Way too hardcore for these two mums-of-young-kids! :P


While I was prepping the glasses, complete with strawberries and lighting the candles in the front lounge room... Lewy hung around the kitchen with a grin on his face and said "Ummm, it's quite the romantic night you are planning" :)) Only the best for my Val :)



~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, otherwise known as fit-in-as-much-as-possible day, was well.... a busy and full but very enjoyable day!

30 minute jog on the treadmill (loving it)... then surprise, surprise we took another trip to Whiteman Park so the Marlster could enjoy the outside world. Have I mentioned before that we are all totally in love with this little guy?!


Our afternoon was flat out. We worked hard. I actually cleaned the car MYSELF. Not a car wash, but literally took sponge and water to the car and washed it. Are you getting the impression it's been quite some time since I've done this? You would be right! Car washes these days... makes people like me lazy! So it was good to roll up the old sleeves (although I actually was wearing a singlet so does that count?) and get to work. 

Lewy and I cleaned that car so good, even our neighbours came out and said "are you still cleaning?! You'll be able to eat off that soon". Yes, yes we will. 

The rest of the arvo was spent working around the house. Man, Lewy and I are on fire. Not literally on fire, that would be a disaster for obvious reasons. :P Ha! 

I think I maybe got too much heat today? It's affecting my sense of humour. :)

Moving right along!

Because we were pretty darn impressed with our car cleaning skills, there was only one thing to do. Go for a drive! We took Marley and the boys to the South Perth foreshore for a walk. 




Love this! 

Two seconds after I took this photo, Jacob face planted in the water, got up and looked rather shocked wondering what on earth just happened. The trooper just walked out like he totally meant to do it and it was all part of the plan :P


I'm manning the house tonight, as Lewy and Marley have gone to Puppy School (cute huh?). I'm ready to rest my weary body and inject some bad TV into my eyes. (Gross visual? Sorry about that). :P

Happy Days!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Loved your post Hun, Gave me a good laugh, especially the comment about Jakey!! :)

Claire said...

It looks like you had a lovely night! Happy Birthday Val!!

Val said...

Thanks Claire...it was just amazing...thank you for going to so much effort and making it soooo romantic....hee hee....fancy glasses and all....and then my car battery had to go flat////boo hoo!!! :-(