Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 354 Oh my legs

It's only taken a year but today I finally crossed off one of my goals ..... to walk 17.2kms of the Bibbulum Track!

Lewy, Alan and I set out early this morning and took 4 hours and 20 minutes to complete the set walk. Oh my legs! Walking downhill ... easy. Walking the flat... easy. Walking uphill....KILLER!

The Team!

Pretty much all the photos I took were off Lewy and Alan's backs... I can't help my legs couldn't take longer strides!

The photos in no way do the scenery justice. It was beautiful country to be walking through, so vibrantly green and you all know how I love the bush :) Perfection!





Our stop point at Canning Campsite. Here we met two guys who were settling in for the night, they have been going for 4 days and are walking the whole Bibbulum Track - with a finish date of 31st January! We only stayed for around 5 or so minutes, to refuel with some lunch and got back into it.


Almost done!

WE DID IT! Fantastic walk and the weather was very kind to us.

YES...

and YES....

and oh YES! (Chickpea and Pumpkin Curry... drool. Will post up the recipe tomorrow)

I'm off to rest my body, what a successful day!

3 comments:

Claire said...

WOW that is huge - well done guys! What a great achievement, 17.2km in 4 hours 20 mins. Very impressive! Definitely a well earned beer, meal and feet up... sleep well tonight!

Aaron and Izzie said...

You guys are tearing it up, love all the hiking!! It looks gorgeous!!

Val said...

Man what a wonderful hike....how is the serenity!! I love it...you guys must of had a wonderful time...4hrs and 20mins....ouchy on the feet!!! :-(