Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Evening...

It's 8pm, my boys are fast asleep, I have a glass of wine in hand, my belly is full, my heart is full :) It's been a perfect day. 

Apart from my poor chicken, who went to bed at 3pm and slept right through dinner, and is still fast asleep now. Something tells me we won't see Jacob until the morning. Sleep is just what he needs right now though. 

Our afternoon consisted of napping right through the hottest part of the day, watching TV and playing with the kids new toys. As the weather was cooling, we got working on prepping our dinner and getting ready to enjoy a whole new celebration! 


Our before dinner food platter. Oh yeah!


As promised, I did consume a glass or two :P


Entree (not all mine, I'm not that greedy). Our marinated prawns, they were lip smackin' delicious!


Our dinner guest, my Father in Law Alan.


I didn't even get a picture of our meal, by the time I remembered half of it was gone.. oops :P It was beautiful, you'll just have to trust me :)

We are about to dig into some berry and apple crumble.... then as luck would have it, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is due on TV in a few minutes, the icing on the Christmas cake :)

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

3 comments:

izzie said...

What a fabulous day! Glad it was full of fun and family!

Claire said...

Lovely :-)

Val said...

Yummyyyy prawns...yum yum...and love the picture of your "dinner guest"....hee hee.....I bet he feels honoured! :-)