Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day 358 "Best laid plans...

..of mice and men often go awry" So true, so true.

So last night. Well, it didn't happen. What a shame as I was really looking forward to watching my kids running around like nutters and embarrassing Lewy and I. No, seriously! I was. I love Carols by Candlelight, but unfortunately for reasons beyond our control we had to stay home.

Poor Sam starting showing signs of getting sick during the afternoon, and after a quick trip to the Chemist for a second opinion, we decided it would be best to stay home and get Sam into bed early.  Good move on our part, as he has woken up looking better but still slightly out of sorts. A restful day is on the cards for him.

My To-Do list is growing by the minute. The house desperately needs cleaning. I need to buy some work clothes, considering my wardrobe for the last 4 years has largely consisted of track pants and t-shirts. ha! Not really.... (really).  I've got work to do for my boss Ian. I have a Christmas Day Menu to finish planning out. Did I mention the house desperately needs cleaning? This all over covers the tip of the iceberg of what I have to get done before Christmas and before I start work on the 28th Decemeber.

But guess what? I'm feeling so positive about the new changes for our family that will come with me starting work (the biggest change, being a much happier Mum!) that all these things to get organised are happily getting us closer to our much needed New Year. Bring it on!

The count down is on to the beginning of Project 30 Days Without for beyondblue on 2nd January. There is a small group of us taking on the challenge, small but strong! It's great to have such wonderful support and to be taking on the challenge together. 30 days without coffee? Yep, I'd say that's a pretty massive challenge!

Don't forget to comment on the Christmas Giveaway post to be in the running! Even if you don't live in Australia, still comment as a gift card can be organised for wherever you are.

Will be back later with Sunday's Stuff... until then I have a messy house that needs cleaning and a To-Do list to start ticking off!

Happy Days!

1 comments:

Claire said...

Oh what a shame! :-( Still, the best place for an unwell little man is tucked up in bed! I hope Sam is OK! Good luck with with your To-Do List! xx